Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to put oil temp sender
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bmurphy210
My 70 1.7 has grown to 2366cc, so I want to add an oil temp sender. I've already got the sender and the gauge. The only place I can see to put it is where the drain plug is now. I thought about removing the taco plate and welding a bung into it, but after a lot of work, it would still be about the same distance from the road surface. I could tee off the pressure sensor by the distributor, but I don't know how hard it will be to find a metric tee. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Brian
SirAndy
QUOTE(bmurphy210 @ Dec 28 2018, 05:51 PM) *
My 70 1.7 has grown to 2366cc, so I want to add an oil temp sender. I've already got the sender and the gauge. The only place I can see to put it is where the drain plug is now. I thought about removing the taco plate and welding a bung into it, but after a lot of work, it would still be about the same distance from the road surface. I could tee off the pressure sensor by the distributor, but I don't know how hard it will be to find a metric tee. Any suggestions?

You need an actual taco plate. What you have right now is just a cover. The real taco plate has the bung/threads for the sender.
shades.gif

IPB Image
bmurphy210
QUOTE(bmurphy210 @ Dec 28 2018, 08:51 PM) *

Thanks,
Brian

Thanks!
Brian
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.