Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Autocross 914 Subie Swap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Costa05
About halfway into a resto 914 with a subie swap project I am doing. Might decide to autocross it occasionally if allowed by class rules. Anyone know what class I would be in? The SCCA region here in Phoenix appears to not allow manufacturer engine swaps in all of their classes but I may be wrong.
wndsrfr
QUOTE(Costa05 @ Dec 31 2018, 01:41 PM) *

About halfway into a resto 914 with a subie swap project I am doing. Might decide to autocross it occasionally if allowed by class rules. Anyone know what class I would be in? The SCCA region here in Phoenix appears to not allow manufacturer engine swaps in all of their classes but I may be wrong.

Try NASA....
Costa05
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Dec 31 2018, 08:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Costa05 @ Dec 31 2018, 01:41 PM) *

Try NASA....

Yep it does appear NASA has engine swap allowance in their rules. Thank you for the suggestion.
914 Ranch
The PCA let's you run but in X class. It is still a Porsche.
GregAmy
SCCA definitely A or E Modified, or maybe X Prepared (read the regs on that one)

https://www.scca.com/pages/solo-cars-and-rules
URY914
Modified for sure. You may be the only one in your class so you get a trophy!

first.gif

Or a real modified car like a Lotus Elan with a 200 h.P. rotary will show up and blow you in the weeds.
dan10101
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jan 3 2019, 04:21 PM) *

Or a real modified car like a Lotus Elan with a 200 h.P. rotary will show up and blow you in the weeds.

This.

Emod for sure. I'm against an 1800lb Yamaha V6 turbocharged 'thing' with about 350hp. Plus a couple of high hp Lotus kit cars. TTD cars..
Mine will be 2500# and 500hp but they have tons of experience and big weight advantage.

BUT,, at least I'll be able to run.
914forme
NASA all the way, lets you run what you brung, and be classed in a way that you can run a tight race.

When I was running my car, I was up against a supercharged Miata, a V8 mustang, and a few other oddities that should up. Good tight racing, though the Miata was hard to beat, it made me better. Also made the Mustang guy purchase a Miata as he was tired of getting his butt handed to him.

LOL I was running a type-4 short stroke 914 1.8L with slip in jugs. And was having a great time, with the EG33 swap I had planed or even the 2.7L 911 engine going into Dad's car, I will run NASA, great competitive club in my area made of National level racers. The PCA guys are slow around here in comparison.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.