Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FYI: Reproduction Parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
Here is a couple of items that I was in need of and I found them. Curved late fuel injector hoses and oil temp sender seal. There is a lot of good stuff in one place for quick reference. Just trying to help fellow teeners.

http://914Reproductionparts.com
mepstein
No favors here -

REBUILT TRANSMISSION; 914 1973-76 - $2,500.00
Our rebuilt transaxles are completely dismantled and cleaned. The synchros, seals gaskets and all questionable or worn parts are replaced. These transaxles are covered with our six month/six thousand mile warranty against internal breakage. There is a core charge, which is refundable upon receiving your rebuildable part. Please do not expect the complete core charge to be refunded as 914 gear boxes these days need many more parts than the rebuild charge covers. Full/complete.

Yes, the core charge is $1,000 in addition to the $2.5K with no guarantee of a refund.

I had a feeling I knew who it was even before I clicked - Add to cart. shades.gif

Usually when you use a combination of new and good used parts, it's called refreshed. A rebuild is usually all new.
Steve
I thought the pictures looked familiar.
rhodyguy
Perculiar. AA?
Steve
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 13 2019, 11:57 AM) *

Perculiar. AA?

Yep the cart takes you to autoatlanta
rhodyguy
I didn't get that far. The disclaimer on the transmission build is quite the read. Pricing? Seems like it pretty much means nothing
mb911
Some of it looks like 914 rubber and some AA
914Sixer
Tried to make it NOT a political topic. Just parts.
Steve
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 13 2019, 04:13 PM) *

Tried to make it NOT political topic. Just parts.

I have nothing against AA. Kind of nice they now have a web site specific to the 914.
I am also always curious on price versus quality and fitment on after market parts. Hard to get a straight answer before it turns into a flame war.
mb911
I think it is well put together.
Mikey914
Well we have made one of the parts in question and will be doing a GB on it shortly.

Not just a copy of the original but an improvement.

Here is the oil pressure sender boot (top of engine tin).

You can see why this stays in the hole better.
Mikey914
Installed

Note we are starting to mark our parts so you can identify origin biggrin.gif

The irregular shape of the hole makes fitment a challenge.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
no one uses all new parts when rebuilding a transmission ask dr evil, he is the authority. Syncros sliders dog teeth gasket seal kit and bearings, hopefully nothing else is bad

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 13 2019, 12:39 PM) *

No favors here -

Our rebuilt transaxles are completely dismantled and cleaned. The synchros, seals gaskets and all questionable or worn parts are replaced. These transaxles are covered with our six month/six thousand mile warranty against internal breakage. There is a core charge, which is refundable upon receiving your rebuildable part. Please do not expect the complete core charge to be refunded as 914 gear boxes these days need many more parts than the rebuild charge covers. Full/complete.

Yes, the core charge is $1,000 in addition to the $2.5K with no guarantee of a refund.

I had a feeling I knew who it was even before I clicked - Add to cart. shades.gif

Usually when you use a combination of new and good used parts, it's called refreshed. A rebuild is usually all new.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
between the two of us aa and 914 rubber we make over 600 different parts for the fabulous 914

QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 13 2019, 02:16 PM) *

Some of it looks like 914 rubber and some AA

mepstein
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 14 2019, 02:30 PM) *

no one uses all new parts when rebuilding a transmission ask dr evil, he is the authority. Syncros sliders dog teeth gasket seal kit and bearings, hopefully nothing else is bad

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 13 2019, 12:39 PM) *

No favors here -

Yes, Mike is very good and often uses good used parts but his rebuilds are way less expensive. Many shops do build with only new and for $2,500 - 3,500, I would be disappointed to get used gears that already have 50-100K on them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.