Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sidepanels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Perobye
Hello
Does anyone know the colorcode for the side panels and guarpanels front and back
on 1973 mod ?
Dion
Language barrrier? Front & rear wings/quarter panels? Or interior pieces? Are you referring to the colour code of your 914?
There will be a tag on the drivers front door jamb/closing panel.
Little black tag with “Karmann” stamped on it the colour code is on that tag.
welcome.png
mepstein
I think he is referring to rocker panels and F & R valance.

welcome.png
Dion
Good point Mark, now that I reread it a couple of times.
On that regard , not being a concours fella, I’d be going with a satin black.
I’m sure there are plenty of appropriate colour codes and manufacturers for
that proper sheen of black.
Carry on...
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Wurth makes a good satin black trim paint. Important for it to be trim paint as it is flexible, and goes on to provide the original orange peel type finish
TravisNeff
can you get that in sprayable vs rattle can?
mgphoto
As per the factory repair manual:

PAINTING DULL BLACK PARTS

General

The fiberglass roof, front and rear bumpers (beginning with 1973 models, except cars built to USA specifications), front and rear panels and outer covers of the rocker panels are painted a dull black.

If repairing becomes necessary use domestically supplied paints, such as Rinshed - Mason Nr. 681 Black or equivalent.

Volume #8
Page 22.1-1/2

I used a hot rod flat black, applied heavy, takes on a sheen and the slight orange peel effect.

Click to view attachment
DickSteinkamp
QUOTE(TravisNeff @ Jan 15 2019, 07:34 AM) *

SEM Trim Black comes in quarts...

SEM Trim Black

IPB Image
Tom_T
QUOTE(TravisNeff @ Jan 15 2019, 08:34 AM) *

Yes, AFAIK Wurth still sells it in quarts &/or gallons.

You can also use their underbody Schutz for the orange peel/pebbly surface, with satin or dull black over (e.g.: matte or semi-matte, etc.).

Great Factory Repair Manual quote by mgphoto, since Porsche even back then recommended finding local paints, rather than German Sikkends, Galsurit, or whatever they were using at the time.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Mikey914
Actually matched it and provide in 6 or 16 oz cans. In a Delstar enamel. Same color for the grill so when we made the letters we made available as a kit or alone. You can find here
https://shop.914rubber.com/Deck-Lid-Grille-...m?categoryId=-1
Perobye
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 17 2019, 01:27 PM) *

Actually matched it and provide in 6 or 16 oz cans. In a Delstar enamel. Same color for the grill so when we made the letters we made available as a kit or alone. You can find here
https://shop.914rubber.com/Deck-Lid-Grille-...m?categoryId=-1

Thank you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.