Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: URO 914-6 Transmission Mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I have to commend URO on this mount. If there was no label on the bag, you can not tell the difference from OEM. Has correct post for slotting in to mounting plate. No reason to use the -4 mount when they are the same price. You get the solid mounting of the 911 transmission mount but with the correct height and pin. Under $30 depending on where you shop.
Krieger
Looks good! Any idea on the value on a used pair of OEM mounts?
mepstein
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jan 18 2019, 04:00 PM) *

Looks good! Any idea on the value on a used pair of OEM mounts?

Not much.
914Sixer
Probably what ever you can get, might be a freebie item.
UROpartsman
Thanks for the feedback Mark, glad to hear it! Here are the mount details, for anyone who hasn't seen it: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=323978

We also have a performance "Club Sport"-style version of our engine mount for 1970-1972 Porsche 914-6, p/n 914 375 049 00HD. It's a nice piece and is about 30% stiffer than our OE-durometer mount (914 375 049 00).
sixnotfour
all these oem repos are great...camaros, mustangs , mopars ,,,early fords ...whatever... I was heading to San Deigo,,along the freeways was an add 100% new mustang bodies..any color.. full body red along the freeway
Krieger
Wasn't there some concern on another thread about the rubber used in their 914 6 engine mount? I cannot remember exactly what it was, maybe a lack of "stabilizers" or some additive to the rubber for its longevity?
UROpartsman
^ Considering those engine mounts were just released about a year ago and we haven't had any reported defects or failures, it'll be quite awhile before there's empirical data regarding longevity. Not aware of anyone not associated with URO doing material analysis on the rubber, but we'd be interested in hearing about it if true.

Fortunately there are options for different budgets, Pelican also has Genuine engine mounts available.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.