Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Werks Reunion Amelia Island March 8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
sithot
We have a condo near the Omni that’s going to waste unless the owner has re-rented it.
We had to cancel due to family matters.
Next door to the Omni and walking distance to Gooding.
Offered it to several folks with no takers.
No guarantees it’s available but can pm the owners number if someone is interested.
Starts today through Sunday.
jdamiano
QUOTE(sithot @ Mar 6 2019, 09:59 AM) *

We have a condo near the Omni that’s going to waste unless the owner has re-rented it.
No guarantees it’s available but can pm the owners number if someone is interested.

Any chance you registered for Corral parking I can buy from you?
orthobiz
I'll be looking for you guys this Friday. Brought some 914 t-shirts, so say "hi!"

Booth 4 to see Eric on Friday, Booth 57 Sat/Sunday.

Paul
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(sithot @ Mar 6 2019, 09:59 AM) *

how much for the condo? I would have to see if I could cancel my hotel, had to grab a hotel up on Georgia side due to being a bit late trying to book a room. I was planning on just being there tonight and tomorrow, problably too late to cancel my hotel for tonight but could cancel tomorrows probably and then I wouldn't have to go all the way back up to Cumberland Friday night. LMK,
Unobtanium-inc
PCA just put up these pics of people en route, so that's 2 914's at least.
Ferg
That is Robb Sass driving the blue one. Great guy. driving.gif Dave Hord and Tabitha are in the red Carrera. Wish I was in that caravan right now.
DRPHIL914
anyone on the Haggerty group drive, is this part of it?
lookimg forward to seeing ya’all tomorrow! Eric, i could but a sign by my wheels that says Brakes supplied by PMB performance!! see you at your booth- bring some shirts i hope!?!
PanelBilly
So tempting. I’m in Sarasota on vacation but I drive so much for work I just can’t handle the seat time
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Mar 7 2019, 01:02 PM) *

So tempting. I’m in Sarasota on vacation but I drive so much for work I just can’t handle the seat time

but you may never be here this close on the east coast on the same weekend again. an just a couple hours away! poke.gif
Ferg
Yes, that is the Hagerty convoy coming from up North.

Tell them all that I said hello and I look forward to seeing them at the Silver Summit in ColoRADo in May.

URY914
I'll be coming up from Jax in the morning. I'm driving my truck so I'll be on the lookout for 914 parts that have fallen off along the way.
orthobiz
IPB Image

orthobiz
IPB Image

Biz and Eric at the PMB booth.
DRPHIL914
other than the morning sand nats it was a perfect day
DRPHIL914
914’s were well represented with several bringing in some ribbons
this was a first place winner
DRPHIL914
as was this very nice LE
URY914
Click to view attachment
orthobiz
Lots of amazing cars. More pics of the gold one...

IPB Image
URY914
Click to view attachment
orthobiz
IPB Image
URY914
Click to view attachment
orthobiz
IPB Image
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
those are some nice 914’s most were /6 heavily modified. i think i may be partial but this one is as nice but really only a coupe super nice /4’s - the bumble bee in the coral, the creamsicle and this one. hard to judge my own car but when i look at the original/stock cars it measures up very well. i looked at that car that sold at auction this week there that was repainted and i have to say in many ways mine had a lot more attention to detail and in many ways i think better. I talked to Haggarty rep about it a he had spent a good bit of time looking st those 2 cars, felt i should again consider upping the insurance . no i know i am not a ‘73 appearance group low miles survivor so that puts that car in a league of its own in that $80k range, but if thst other car can sell for $60k+, repainted and not half the redone or NOS parts as i have put into this car, well i now see its not a stretch to be considering insuring my car for somthing in that $60k range for replacement value. One only knows for sure if you try to sell -
the market dictates the actual value and can be a fickle thing. But even being repainted and backdating to these beautiful chrome bumpers, a rare color, appearance group car 2.0, essentially every nut and bolt refurbished or replaced, it has to be in the top 10% of 1975 cars? IMHO- you tell me, i’d like some feedback and this thread may not be the place for the continuation of that subject, i am i spent the last 5 years doing whats been done. and i have not done anything thst could not go back to original if it really mattered, like puttimg the BUB bumpers back on or 4 lug fuchs. but would that really increase its value? - im sure there will be lots if opinions on that...
jdamiano
We had a great drive up from Jacksonville with the sun rise over the water to our right. Saw some great cars and connected with some great people. I really enjoyed seeing the guy with the Bumblebee share the story of his car. I also noticed a ton of people cruise through the sea of 911 then stop and look close at the 914s in attendance.
sholman5
Had a great time Friday at Werks. Met alot of great people, but more so beautiful cars (914s). Yes you can get ideas of what other people have done to their cars. For me it inspired me to do things that I have put of for months. Showed up Friday. On Saturday I pulled out the interior to replace my carpet with a charchol German loop kit. On Sunday saw that the pedal cluster needed some attention also. The slippery slope has gotten me. Unfortunately it will not end there.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
sholman5
Luckily only some surface rust under the pedal. Cluster is apart and waiting to be cleaned up.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Unobtanium-inc
I think Gaspar's gold car won big.
gereed75
Sholman5, saw your car - very nice, tasteful and clean.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Mar 10 2019, 06:30 PM) *

that gold car was very nice! a beautiful build! i LOVE the color!
i believe the yellow car was the one that had the tie rod come loose at Okteenerfest, thr repair looks well done, you would never know, glad to see it repaired and back on the road!

some very nice 914’s for sure. hope we can make a good showing next year for the 50th
of the 914! its already on my calendar.

Wouldnt it be great to have 80 instead of 8??
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Mar 10 2019, 07:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Mar 10 2019, 06:30 PM) *

that gold car was very nice! a beautiful build! i LOVE the color!
i believe the yellow car was the one that had the tie rod come loose at Okteenerfest, thr repair looks well done, you would never know, glad to see it repaired and back on the road!

some very nice 914’s for sure. hope we can make a good showing next year for the 50th
of the 914! its already on my calendar.

Wouldnt it be great to have 80 instead of 8??

My guess would be now that the 914 is being accepted as a real Porsche, more will start coming out of the woodwork.
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(sholman5 @ Mar 10 2019, 02:39 PM) *

Luckily only some surface rust under the pedal. Cluster is apart and waiting to be cleaned up.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Curious if your car is the light blue 914 on early Minilites photographed for various books and magazines back in the 1970s or 1980s? Sure looks like it, and is a great looking car!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
and it should have! Gaspar put hundreds and hundreds of hours into its perfection

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Mar 10 2019, 04:30 PM) *

AHudson
We walked the field like Stuttgart Zombies, not blinking, mumbling things about Fuchs and sideshifters. It was an unreal show. Super hospitable folks and much car connection everywhere.

I must say, amid this field crowded with top-drawer contenders every few feet, Gaspar's gold 14 was a winner. I took more pics of it, drooled near it two different times. Really nice job, and tastefully restrained (relative term!) in the right spots. And the color set it apart.

Great show for sure. We had a ball.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.