Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Werks Reunion Amelia Island March 8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Lucky9146
Coming up fast!
Wondering if anyone on 914 World is going?
Now have daughter and family in Orlando area and I am planning on going to Amelia Werks as a bucket list thing.
Would appreciate any insight from locals, or those closer, or those who have attended before and traveled to it with 914 or other P car.
Thanks! beerchug.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Jan 28 2019, 08:40 PM) *

Coming up fast!
Wondering if anyone on 914 World is going?
Now have daughter and family in Orlando area and I am planning on going to Amelia Werks as a bucket list thing.
Would appreciate any insight from locals, or those closer, or those who have attended before and traveled to it with 914 or other P car.
Thanks! beerchug.gif

No this year for me. I try to get there every other year for the auctions and shows though. Its very worth while.

Zach
jdamiano
I have been the last few years. Great event. Try to go to Werks Friday and Cars and Coffee on Saturday morning. Everything else is bonus. My daughter selfishly scheduled her wedding that Saturday. I couldn’t get her to reschedule. I’m still thinking of sneaking there for a couple hours Friday morning.
troth
Thinking about going for an afternoon. Will be tough because I already have tickets for Sebring the following week. I am in Gainesville, so right on the way from Orlando. Let me know if you’re coming through this way, we could caravan there.
sholman5
I'll be there. Had a great time last year.
URY914
I'll be there. I live about 45 minutes away. Go early there are only two bridges onto the island. Study a map for best access points.
orthobiz
I'm going...rental car, though. Maybe meet up, I'm going with a buddy who is buying my red car.

Paul
AHudson
You know I already plan to trespass among the blue bloods, but likely not in the 914-6 due to the "accident" that suspiciously happened not long after you left my garage. I'm running fingerprint samples now. smile.gif

If I'm brave enough, the M491 will go. If I weenie out, its the Cayenne GTS. No matter what, I'll be there. And if your trailer turns up missing, I had nothing to do with it.
Lucky9146
Thanks to everyone who responded, many of which I sent PM's to seeking further guidance and received, which was very helpful. I am happy to report I have secured a hotel room on the island as several had suggested. I am still at this time planning on trailering from CA.
Hope to see some, if not all the responders there and will reach out again when the time is closer.

As to that last poster, that Ahudson guy, well he did a bait and switch on me telling me he was taking his 6 there and then after I have all the wheels in motion, backing out due to some lame "accident" excuse. I still might give him a ride. slap.gif
driving.gif white914.jpg
orthobiz
Any more updates from fellow teeners?

Paul
Rleog
I’ll likely be there; first time. Won’t be in the 914 though.
troth
Going to be in JAX area that weekend and was planning on checking it out. But just saw the $100 per person general admission price.

IPB Image
jdamiano
QUOTE(troth @ Feb 13 2019, 06:21 PM) *

Going to be in JAX area that weekend and was planning on checking it out. But just saw the $100 per person general admission price.

IPB Image

That’s for the Sunday event. Friday Porsche event and Saturday Cars and Coffee are free and both great events.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(jdamiano @ Feb 13 2019, 06:42 PM) *

IPB Image

That’s for the Sunday event. Friday Porsche event and Saturday Cars and Coffee are free and both great events.

There is crap going on the entire week at Amelia. pay a little and see some of the auction previews. Some of them are free but the good ones cost a little to get in.

Also, the Sunday show - you WILL see stuff that you have never seen before and will never see again. The show is so good that it WILL ruin local car shows for you.

But for me, the real fun is the auctions. "How much did that go for?!?"

Zach
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Feb 13 2019, 05:32 PM) *

Any more updates from fellow teeners?

Paul

I just registered for the coral parking etc for Werks!!!
have to find a hotel hope its not too late to find something
any ideas please pass along ive never been!

4 hours away so I am driving down Thursday night from SC in the Copper 914.
looking forward to meeting some more 914 and non=914 guys

Phil
do you have to register for the Saturday \C& C?
DRPHIL914

IPB Image

is that for the concours? you can go to the Werks thing with out doing the other if you don't want to spend the $$ but $100 seems like a lot, but where are you going to spend that $100 otherwise?
troth
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Feb 22 2019, 08:56 AM) *

is that for the concours? you can go to the Werks thing with out doing the other if you don't want to spend the $$ but $100 seems like a lot, but where are you going to spend that $100 otherwise?

914 parts and beer.
troth
Ok looks like I’ll swing by, probably Saturday morning/afternoon. Hopefully won’t get sucked into spending too much $$$.
URY914
Here is a link to my photos from last year.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ury914/albums...157675223946348

URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
wpuld be cool to set up all the 914’s together, not sure are they doing 914 registey group
Eric_Shea
We’ll be there displaying.
URY914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 23 2019, 04:08 AM) *

I'll stop by Eric.
sholman5
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Feb 22 2019, 08:15 PM) *

wpuld be cool to set up all the 914’s together, not sure are they doing 914 registey group

Last year they set up cars by group. 356s up front then 914s followed by 944s,928s and so on.
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(URY914 @ Feb 23 2019, 05:22 AM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 23 2019, 04:08 AM) *

I'll stop by Eric.

Excellent Paul. beerchug.gif

Booth at Werks and Booth 57 at the concourse.
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jan 30 2019, 05:15 PM) *

I'm going...rental car, though. Maybe meet up, I'm going with a buddy who is buying my red car.

Paul

Stop by. It will be great to see you guys again. Is Mike coming?
Rleog
Any tips on where to go, where to park, on Werks day?
jdamiano
QUOTE(Rleog @ Feb 23 2019, 12:04 PM) *

Any tips on where to go, where to park, on Werks day?

Parking is adjacent to the event just follow the signs on A1A. I went to the Goodings Auction after the Werx event last year and that was fun. Watched that Bruno’s 914 sell for over 90k. Another low mileage 914 going up this year. Not sure how to get tickets to the auction I know a guy that gave me a wristband. There was a shuttle right from Werx to Goodings last year so I only had to park once.
Manny Alban
Goodings is literally across the street from Werks. You can walk to it if you're already parking at Werks. You can also take a shuttle to the Omni Hotel (which owns the golf course) and then take another shuttle to the Ritz. Thee Omni Hotel and the golf course will charge to park. It's free to get into the event. So if you carpool, it's probably the cheapest way to go.
Jake Raby
I’ll be there... I have two pieces to auction, one at Gooding, and another at RM. I won’t be too far from the Revs Institute ‘56 Beetle, so not sure if’ I’ll Be at Werx. I recently finished the engine for Mr. Collier, and they pulled the 4 Cam Carrera engine from the beetle that’s been there since the 80s, to replace it with Raby T4 power.

The beetle will have a debut with an engine of mine that’s never been seen before. This isn’t a beetle like you’ve ever seen before....Though it is stock in appearance.

jdamiano
Got my front crankshaft seal replaced today and was told my father of the bride duties don’t start till Friday evening. A few of us are coming up from Jacksonville together. I missed the corral deadline but it’s a nice drive up A1A from Jacksonville so I’m taking the 914.
DRPHIL914
So looks like the C and C Saturday as well as a few other things are free, so my question being a nube to this event, is - what is the $100 ticket for? is that just for sunday concours? seems like other than Saturday parking close to event ($40) the displays etc are free? quite a bit different from the HHI event if that's the case. Since I would be there sunday looks like just parking on Saturday to pay for?
I don't want to spend $100 on a ticket if its not necessary for Saturday events. I paid my Werks fee for the Porsche Coral for Friday .
rgalla9146
I'll arrive in Boca Raton on the eighth for family stuff......five hours away mad.gif
jdamiano
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Feb 27 2019, 08:54 AM) *

So looks like the C and C Saturday as well as a few other things are free, so my question being a nube to this event, is - what is the $100 ticket for? is that just for sunday concours? seems like other than Saturday parking close to event ($40) the displays etc are free? quite a bit different from the HHI event if that's the case. Since I would be there sunday looks like just parking on Saturday to pay for?
I don't want to spend $100 on a ticket if its not necessary for Saturday events. I paid my Werks fee for the Porsche Coral for Friday .

You only need to buy the 100.00 ticket for Sunday if you want to go to the event at the Ritz. I enjoy just Friday and Saturday events and skip Sunday. If I was traveling in I would probably spring for Sunday’s event just to get the most out of my trip.
sithot
Cost of having some fun?

Big Enos Burdette
JFJ914

Everything is free except:

Parking across the street from the Ritz, $$ but most convenient. Easy in/out. Golf cart to the Ritz.

Sunday Concours at the Ritz Carlton. To get the ticket for $100 you must buy it in advance (by Saturday). Everything in the hotel remains free.

Admission (x $20) to see auction cars at most of the auctions prior to the auctions. RM at the Ritz is free on Fri.

Enjoy the weekend!
DRPHIL914
thanks for the info guys, that's what I needed to know.
late planning made hotel find difficult too, so I will probably go home Saturday night. The wife is not coming now so I am just hanging out at the Werks Friday and C&C mostly with a few other stops Saturday. Had to get hotel up near Kingsbay on the Georgia side, unless of course if I had wanted to spend $350 a night lol!! NOT!.
See you all in a week,

QUOTE(JFJ914 @ Feb 27 2019, 10:31 AM) *

Parking across the street from the Ritz, $$ but most convenient. Easy in/out. Golf cart to the Ritz.

Sunday Concours at the Ritz Carlton. To get the ticket for $100 you must buy it in advance (by Saturday). Everything in the hotel remains free.

Admission (x $20) to see auction cars at most of the auctions prior to the auctions. RM at the Ritz is free on Fri.

Enjoy the weekend!

Rleog
Does anyone know if dogs are allowed at Porsche Werks.
(Alright....I can almost hear the responses)
URY914
QUOTE(Rleog @ Feb 27 2019, 10:29 AM) *

There isn't anybody to stop you. It's an open event. Just walk in, dogs and all.
JFJ914
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Feb 27 2019, 11:45 AM) *

late planning made hotel find difficult too, so I will probably go home Saturday night. The wife is not coming now so I am just hanging out at the Werks Friday and C&C mostly with a few other stops Saturday. Had to get hotel up near Kingsbay on the Georgia side, unless of course if I had wanted to spend $350 a night lol!! NOT!.
See you all in a week,

Enjoy the weekend!

Did you check for a hotel around Jax Airport? I got a room at the Microtel for $120
Manny Alban
QUOTE(URY914 @ Feb 27 2019, 03:12 PM) *

QUOTE(Rleog @ Feb 27 2019, 10:29 AM) *

There isn't anybody to stop you. It's an open event. Just walk in, dogs and all.

The event is on private property, so it's not really a public event in the sense you're in a public park The event is held on two of the holes of the golf course. I'd probably call the Omni to double check
Rleog
Thanks
DRPHIL914
yes , we did look there. it ended up being about thr same distance, but my wife called direct to the hotel and we got a double queen room at the Cumberland Hotel for $70/night. 4 star rating and good reviews so we went with it. hope thr 914 is safe in thr parking lot.
are you driving the 914? i wil be in the Porsche Corral parking on friday with the 914. i was thinking about trailering but i will peobably just drive the 914 down its less than 2 hours for me from Bluffton SC.

QUOTE(JFJ914 @ Feb 27 2019, 07:51 PM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Feb 27 2019, 11:45 AM) *

See you all in a week,

Enjoy the weekend!

Did you check for a hotel around Jax Airport? I got a room at the Microtel for $120

DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Rleog @ Feb 28 2019, 06:51 AM) *

Thanks

even if its private if you have a documented
emotional support dog and has the vest etc thry cannot by law not allow the animal in the venue
JFJ914
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Feb 28 2019, 09:37 AM) *

yes , we did look there. it ended up being about thr same distance, but my wife called direct to the hotel and we got a double queen room at the Cumberland Hotel for $70/night. 4 star rating and good reviews so we went with it. hope thr 914 is safe in thr parking lot.
are you driving the 914? i wil be in the Porsche Corral parking on friday with the 914. i was thinking about trailering but i will peobably just drive the 914 down its less than 2 hours for me from Bluffton SC.

I will be in the Cayenne section, 2008 Black Cherry (Cremona Red) color, see you there.
orthobiz
Eric is en route...I sent him a PM and suggested maybe meet fellow 914world members on Friday, say, 11/12 o'clock? He said OK so I will try to be there, Booth 57.

Paul
AHudson
QUOTE(JFJ914 @ Feb 28 2019, 08:46 AM) *

I will be in the Cayenne section, 2008 Black Cherry (Cremona Red) color, see you there.

That makes two of us World folks who'll be in the Cayenne section! I'll be in a White GTS with Alabama plates and Porsche Driving Experience frame. Getting pretty excited about the trip, even though the 14-6 decided to stay home.
jdamiano
I few of us are driving up from Jacksonville Friday morning. I waited too long to register so I will be in general parking. If anyone is coming from the south Friday morning we will be caravaning from the Gate gas station at A1A and 2-95 leaving at 6:15. I’ll be the Alaska Blue 73.
Eric_Shea
Our “Werks” booth is booth #4. It would be awesome to have a teener meeting there. Diane will be there for emotional support if needed. wink.gif

(Our Ritz/Concours d’Elegance/Coffee on the Green booth is #57 for Saturday/Sunday).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.