Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 header length?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kerrys914
The header flanges on my SIX are too short wacko.gif . Their is about a 6-8" gap between the Muffler flanges and the header flanges.

Should the header flange be close to the end of the tranny? IIRC the bracket is fairly straight when it attaches to the end of the tranny and the muffler.

Cheers
Trekkor
It seems like they make extension tubes for just your problem.

Or...You could you those cookie cutter megaphones. lol2.gif

KT
rhodyguy
the header extensions are pictured in the april issue of Excellence in the 4 to 6 conversion writeup.

k
Dr Evil
Crap, I feel for you man. I hope that this is not gonna be an issue for me. Does this mean that you are using 911 headers?
Root_Werks
I believe they make the short 914-6 headers so you can "build" or buy a special cross extraction header/muffler. Guy I know with a 914-6 just got some short 914-6 headers so he could do just that. wink.gif

I believe Bursch sells the extensions? confused24.gif But someone does make them.
Kerrys914
Sweeet wacko.gif

When I find them I'll let you guys know the $$$$ and where.

I almost forgot my universal sign for doing a conversion headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif icon8.gif chair.gif chair.gif chair.gif icon8.gif chair.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif welder.gif welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif headbang.gif chair.gif chair.gif
Aaron Cox
short headers are for megaphones or for a home brew exhaust setup.

they DO make long proper length ones...so you can bolt up a 911 exhaust.

DrEvil - 911 headers only fit one way wink.gif
Joe Bob
Most 914/6 headers come short....they are meant to be used with zoomies. You have to ASK that they be longer for a muffler. Easy fix...I made a set in about 1 hour and I suck at welding.....any competent muffler shop can do them as well....or ask the header supplier to toss in a set.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jun 21 2005, 11:36 AM)
I hope that this is not gonna be an issue for me.

just run sidepipes :-)
Trekkor
I'm running Marty's ( MSDS, Maltese Falcon ) 914-6 headers.

Perfect fit out of the box. clap.gif

KT
bwilless
Patrick Motorsports sells the extensions.
bwilless
pic
Joe Bob
Bet they break.... dry.gif
Kerrys914
smilie_pokal.gif

That's what I need. I'll call them and see how much they want. I will also see if I can get the loose parts and weld them up. welder.gif welder.gif

Kerrys914
Patrick Motorsports $88.00 for the pair ohmy.gif

I'll check with the local muffler shops for the loose parts dry.gif
IronHillRestorations
Call George @ European Racing Headers in Henderson, NV. Those are probably his headers.
Kerrys914
Are the flanges STANDARD flanges?

I am going to be calling around today and will ask for a "two bolt" flange. Are they all the same? Anything I should add to my request to help in the search for the flanges?

Anyone ever get ahold of Triad before? I have left 3 messages and nothing and the e-mail address doesn't work either dry.gif
Joe Bob
Triad is a partime shop...the guy has a full time job in the construction industry....from what I hear. He's not gud on call backs. Someone on the board knows him and sent me his cell which he actually answered.

When I was trying to get someone to make me a smog legal cat and muff for my 911 3.6....I tried to get him to do something for me...he HAS done a 3.6 muffler and had the jigs for the 911 and heat exchangers....I wanted to have him replace the premuff with a cat...wouldn't do it. So I had it done local...ended up being cheaper and worked out better. So he actually did me a favor refusing the job.... blink.gif

George in Nevada is semi retired and answers when he feels like it...as to the flanges....any friggin' muffler shop has those hanging on the wall and can make the extensions while you wait.
Kerrys914
Thanks for the heads up on Triad...I have been PM'd dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif clap.gif
Van914
QUOTE (9146986 @ Jun 24 2005, 05:52 PM)
Call George @ European Racing Headers in Henderson, NV. Those are probably his headers.

agree.gif
I agree call George. I bought mine from him and they came with the extentions.
Van914
Maltese Falcon
FWIW- the flanges are an industry standard F2U flange proll'y $20.00 each at Midas. PM me with your addy, and if I have 2 laying around I'll FedEx them to you after the 4th --freebies. biggrin.gif
MFalcon
Kerrys914
smilie_pokal.gif PM sent
Maltese Falcon
Kerry, I put those out to you today- I figured you may need 4. FedEx ground approx 5 biz days. Some other cool stuff in the box. Follow my direction on the note for finishing up the parts wink.gif Glad to help !
Marty
Kerrys914
THANKS... pray.gif pray.gif

I'll let you know when I get them and how things turn out welder.gif

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
Kerrys914
Martin, YOU ROCK aktion035.gif the flanges came the other day and a big THANKS smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif goes out to you.

I'll have the Philly cheese steaks waiting for ya.... beerchug.gif

Please let me know if I can help you in anoher way

Thanks again pray.gif ...Also nice retro photo smile.gif smile.gif

Kerry
Kerrys914
Here is the situation I have. The Triad is actually upside down so it will bolt up to the headers.

I hope to have the extensions done Sunday night.
rhodyguy
how long will the extensions wind up being? i take it you'll be flipping the triad right side up. they sound great!! i think you're going to like the roar on the upper rpm band. jp's car sounds pretty cool.

k

maf914
QUOTE (Kerrys914 @ Jul 10 2005, 04:50 AM)
I'll have the Philly cheese steaks waiting for ya.... beerchug.gif

Man, I do like a good cheese steak. chowtime.gif I spent some time in the Philly area in the past and ate plenty of cheese steaks and subs. For a long time you couldn't find a decent sub in the southeast, but that has finally changed. It's still hard to find a good cheese steak though. I've had the best luck just making my own. I kept talking about it until my girlfriend gave me a meat slicer and said to get with it! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.