Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: flare question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
How much extra width do the 6 style flares add to a car? It appears to be about 4"-5" per side. I bought a roller with these style flares on it and want to know if it will fit in the back of my 1/2 ton or if I will have to haul the dolly down to get it.
Mueller
I can measure my trailer tonight....sorry for not getting back to you earlier sad.gif
SirAndy
hey brad, get that tape-measure out and give this guy some numbers!
cool.gif

Andy
jonwatts
Brad should be picking your car up or delivering it back to Yeaman's Autobody by now.

There is at least one company out there making a larger version of GT flare that will let you get 11's under the back of your car. Doubtful you have these but it's good to make sure.

Jon
SirAndy
QUOTE(jonwatts @ Feb 4 2003, 03:57 PM)
Brad should be picking your car up or delivering it back to Yeaman's Autobody by now.

There is at least one company out there making a larger version of GT flare that will let you get 11's under the back of your car. Doubtful you have these but it's good to make sure.

Jon

that explains the silence smile.gif
man, can't wait to get the paint done.

as for the extra wide flares, i've seen them a few times now.
but those are way bigger ...
IPB Image
GWN7
It doesn't have the extra wide ones.....this one I'm going to do a V8 conversion with (next year) smile.gif
Jeroen
I just measured my car in the garage...
It's 175 cm wide in the rear

HTH,

Jeroen
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Feb 4 2003, 05:46 PM)
I just measured my car in the garage...
It's 175 cm wide in the rear

HTH,

Jeroen

and for those of you who are not familiar with metric measurements, that is just a little bit under 69 inches ...
Mike T
I get 69" at the rear.

Mike T
Jeroen
Ayup, but since GWN7 is in canada I could save searching for my calculator biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Feb 4 2003, 05:55 PM)
Ayup, but since GWN7 is in canada I could save searching for my calculator biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen

Maybe, depends on his age, we have only had the metric system for a little over 30 years here and we still have some hold outs.

But if you ask a kid what a foot is, they point at their shoe.

Some Canadians are bi-lingual, I guess a lot are bi-measuremental and of course we have some that a just bi- smlove2.gif
barf.gif
GWN7
Thanks guys.

2.5cm = 1"

Way over 30....I have T-shirts older than that smile.gif
Mueller
Bruce,

the tire rack on my trailer is 70.5 inches wide.....when I brought home the /6,
I had ~1 inch on each side of the front fenders

I did slightly scratch one fender flare while putting the car on the trailer...luckly it can be rubbed out.......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.