My buddy sent me this:

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1121288...t-being-ignored

Paul
914werke
idea.gif
Minerva's 914
Nice writeup, thanks for sharing.
Lucky9146
There has been some mention of the 50th in a couple threads but like the article says no major hoopla. Thanks for the article.
driving.gif white914.jpg
23e Heure
In the UK the anniversary I getting attention.

In July Porsche Club GB is organising a 50th birthday celebration, at the historic Brooklands circuit.

I'll be there and will report back with photos...

IPB Image
orthobiz
I WANT THAT POSTER! Is it available??

Group Buy!!

Paul
Nogoodwithusernames
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Feb 5 2019, 09:10 AM) *

I WANT THAT POSTER! Is it available??

Group Buy!!

Paul

I agree, super nice looking.
orthobiz
https://www.porscheclubgb.com/shop/tickets/...-tickets/914-50

But no poster!

Paul
defianty
The artist for the poster was Mark Morgan a friend of mine and 23e Heure's. He did mention that a poster would be available in a comment he made on his Instagram page

Triplespressomm

https://www.triplespresso.co.uk/
mepstein
QUOTE(defianty @ Feb 5 2019, 12:27 PM) *

The artist for the poster was Mark Morgan a friend of mine and 23e Heure's. He did mention that a poster would be available in a comment he made on his Instagram page

Triplespressomm

https://www.triplespresso.co.uk/

We should organize a group buy since shipping might be a lot per poster. I'm glad to help out if others are interested.
porbmw
of course, interested...how could i not be????
Thanks for offering
Paul
horizontally-opposed
Not sure if it's of interest, but we'd be happy to host a casual open house here at 000 on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon in honor of the 914's 50th birthday.

After all, I'm pretty much certain 000 wouldn't exist if not for the 914...
jfort

We should organize a group buy since shipping might be a lot per poster. I'm glad to help out if others are interested.
[/quote]
I'm in for a group buy. How do we get it organized?
Andyrew
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Feb 5 2019, 12:03 PM) *

Not sure if it's of interest, but we'd be happy to host a casual open house here at 000 on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon in honor of the 914's 50th birthday.

Interested smile.gif
Olympic 914
agree.gif

In for one.
914_teener

I ' m in Pete.

Heading up to Napa in March. Love to make a trip up later.
Martin Baker

Please excuse Pete, but where exactly is here? And specific date?

MB

Looks like this thread went from a 50th Anniversary Event inquiry to a thread about a poster/event that no one here can/will attend...
Freezin 914
I would be in for 2!
orthobiz
Thanks to James and Stephen I dropped an email to the artist, waiting to hear.

Paul
maf914
Yep, I also like the poster and would be interested in one.
mgphoto
I am interested also.
mark04usa
Great poster, hope we can get some stateside.

My 914 will be 50 years old Jan 07, 2020...and I'll celebrate 44 years of owning in on Jan 26, 2020. Got to honor our cars 50th anniversary!
Click to view attachment

shelby/914
I would be interested in a poster, maybe more than one depending on cost.

Dan
Sea Rooster
I'll take two! Sign me up!
horizontally-opposed
^ 000 is located in San Rafael, California—about 12 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge and 15-20 minutes from Sears Point Raceway and the wine country. Maybe we do a reasonable Cars and Coffee here on a Saturday morning, then folks could go on drives west to the coast or north to Sonoma...and reconvene at a fun place for dinner? There's a parking lot here that can accommodate 35~ (maybe 50?) cars, so we could probably sign on to host a morning visit/meeting.

Maybe we talk to Glen and Justin about doing a special 000 poster for the deal, and I could take folks through the back story of the two eight-cylinder 914s, and the 000 photo shoot that put them together on camera for the very first time (I was surprised by this, too) while also reuniting them with the man who built them. Neat guy, and there are a lot of photos we couldn't use.

No promises/just thinking out loud...but could be fun?
914_teener
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Feb 5 2019, 04:13 PM) *

^ 000 is located in San Rafael, California—about 12 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge and 15-20 minutes from Sears Point Raceway and the wine country. Maybe we do a reasonable Cars and Coffee here on a Saturday morning, then folks could go on drives west to the coast or north to Sonoma...and reconvene at a fun place for dinner? There's a parking lot here that can accommodate 35~ (maybe 50?) cars, so we could probably sign on to host a morning visit/meeting.

Maybe we talk to Glen and Justin about doing a special 000 poster for the deal, and I could take folks through the back story of the two eight-cylinder 914s, and the 000 photo shoot that put them together on camera for the very first time (I was surprised by this, too) while also reuniting them with the man who built them. Neat guy, and there are a lot of photos we couldn't use.

I.m interested. We have a place to stay in San Mateo.
mepstein
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Feb 5 2019, 07:13 PM) *

That would be Awesome!
GaroldShaffer
Depending on price I would be in for 2 posters.
914sgofast2
I would definitely be in for a poster; also would be interested in a SF North Bay Area Porsche 914 Cars and Coffee. Mine was built in December 1969.
abes914
I would love a poster as well
orthobiz
Message back from Mark:

Dear Paul
Thanks for your message. There will be a poster soon. It’ll be for sale on my website and I’ll announce its arrival on the newsletter and instagram. Also via the 914 forum If it’ll allow me.
Thanks for digging the work.
Best
Mark

Sent from my iPhone

On 5 Feb 2019, at 22:37, no-reply@parastorage.com wrote:

You have a new message:
Via: https://www.triplespresso.co.uk/
Message Details:

Name Paul Bizzigotti

Subject 914 poster

Message 23 heure posted a pic of your 914 poster on the
914world.com website. A bunch of us want one...How do we go about it? Love your work!!! Paul Bizzigotti
Larmo63
Wow, a week at Pete's?

I'm in!!! smilie_pokal.gif
VegasRacer
Euro 50th Anniversary Poster? biggrin.gif Sure.
Party at Pete's? piratenanner.gif Abso-fuching-lutely.
horizontally-opposed
All right, the 914 debuted at the Frankfurt IAA in 1969, which was 9/11 to 9/21:

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/history/por...mera-16904.html

Per Ludvigsen:

-Porsche told the FIA it had started making cars in July 1969
-Production in significant qty didn't come until November 1969
-914-6 deliveries in Europe began in February 1970

Curious what our 914world historians have to say on dates, and do we want to pick one or go with best time of year? Or?

I think I am up for the following:

-Coffee with parking for 914s @ 000 (if car count is < 60~)
-"Back story" on the "914/8" photo shoot/story/man who built them
-Long-distance award for 914 driven from farthest distance
-Long-distance award for 914 fanatic from farthest distance
-(Possibly) creating an event poster w/designer Justin Page & artist Glen Cordle

Parking lot has 55 spots, and then at least four more spots without blocking cars in, so 59. Maybe 10-20 more cars could be brought in by double parking and better use of a few very wide spots. Would need to look at what other businesses are open on weekends, but typically none except the orthodontist's office are (and she's only open every other Saturday and super cool—or we target a Saturday she's closed).

I would rather keep this simple from 000's standpoint—so keeping the parking lot display free in the best KISS tradition and keeping this casual seem like a good way to go?

If someone else wants to organize drives, a dinner, etc, and turn it into a weekend, I suspect it could be a pretty fun time. There are worse places than San Francisco (maybe a line of 914s needs to recreate "The City Porsche" ad?) or the Wine Country, or the coast. The area has endless options for lodging, food, sight-seeing, etc. One could also do an add-on long trek north or south on good roads for those with the time to do so. Is there any better way to celebrate the 914 than driving them on the kinds of roads they were made for?
Krieger
I'm in for both poster and get together! Oh, 9/14 is a Saturday this year!
dcheek
Paul,

We are honoring the VW Porsche 914 on its 50 anniversary at the 15th annual All Air Cooled Gathering. We have commissioned an artist to create a special limited signed and numbered poster for the event and will be given to all 914 show car attendees.

There is a thread in the Garage that I will update shortly with more information. If you don' already know we get 300 + air cooled cars at the event every year.

Click to view attachment

Dave
orthobiz
Good to know...12 hours from Michigan, dang I should go. Would love to see your car again (although it's NOT pictured on the poster!)

Paul

QUOTE(dcheek @ Feb 6 2019, 09:00 AM) *

Paul,

We are honoring the VW Porsche 914 on its 50 anniversary at the 15th annual All Air Cooled Gathering. We have commissioned an artist to create a special limited signed and numbered poster for the event and will be given to all 914 show car attendees.

There is a thread in the Garage that I will update shortly with more information. If you don' already know we get 300 + air cooled cars at the event every year.

Dave
Mike D.
Seeing as I have yet to come across a 1969 914 smile.gif we have big plans for a week long 50th Anniversary WCR in 2020! But more about that later.
914_teener
I haven't personally seen them but the two prototypes were built in 1969.

Besides.....I just wanted to go up North and drink wine in Pete's parking lot.

Can't we do that again the following year?

Just sayin.
Mike D.
QUOTE(914_teener @ Feb 6 2019, 04:44 PM) *

.....I just wanted to go up North and drink wine in Pete's parking lot.

Just sayin.

YES! biggrin.gif Maybe that's part of the plan, your ruining the surprise! JK... beer3.gif
horizontally-opposed

Just sayin.

Y'all can do that anytime... biggrin.gif

Though I suppose I oughtta warn you: The sheriffs around these parts like our lot quite a bit come nighttime. shades.gif (I think they poach wifi, which suits those of us here just fine.)
EdwardBlume
Do you want a rock band for the 000 event? idea.gif
mountainroads
Thanks for the heads-up. Most definitely interested.

- MR
burton73
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Feb 6 2019, 04:32 PM) *

Seeing as I have yet to come across a 1969 914 smile.gif we have big plans for a week long 50th Anniversary WCR in 2020! But more about that later.

My car was built in 1969. The 30th 6

I would like to buy a poster

Bob B
914_teener
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Feb 6 2019, 06:41 PM) *

Just sayin.

Y'all can do that anytime... biggrin.gif

Though I suppose I oughtta warn you: The sheriffs around these parts like our lot quite a bit come nighttime. shades.gif (I think they poach wifi, which suits those of us here just fine.)

Ah..ok.

I.ll
Make sure it.s in a colored plastic cup. sunglasses.gif
Steve
Build date and model year are typically different. My car was built in 74 for the 75 model year.
EdwardBlume
50th Anniversary of the debut makes sense.
wes
popcorn[1].gif
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Feb 6 2019, 07:32 PM) *

words matter and so do 2019 and 2020

As the poster says, 2019 represents 50 years of the 914

1970 was the 1st year of, 1971 was the 2nd year of...1979 was the 10th year of...2019 is the 50th year of the 914

Happens with races too. the 1st Daytona 500 was in 1959, the 50th running of (50th year of) the race happened in 2018

Birthdays and anniversaries are different and celebrated a year later, 1971 was the first anniversary, etc. so 2020 is the 50th birthday or anniversary of the 914

None of the above has anything to do with 1969, prototypes or early production!

You're welcome! biggrin.gif

EDIT: I want a poster too!
Mike D.
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Feb 7 2019, 01:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike D. @ Feb 6 2019, 07:32 PM) *

words matter and so do 2019 and 2020

As the poster says, 2019 represents 50 years of the 914

1970 was the 1st year of, 1971 was the 2nd year of...1979 was the 10th year of...2019 is the 50th year of the 914

Happens with races too. the 1st Daytona 500 was in 1959, the 50th running of (50th year of) the race happened in 2018

Birthdays and anniversaries are different and celebrated a year later, 1971 was the first anniversary, etc. so 2020 is the 50th birthday or anniversary of the 914

None of the above has anything to do with 1969, prototypes or early production!

You're welcome! biggrin.gif

EDIT: I want a poster too!

OK fine. Point taken. Who is doing the 50th Anniversay Event?
This is great now I don't have to do as much work.
Scott, you are welcome to drive on over for the Birthday Party in 2020!

EDIT: OP does say "Anniversary Ignored" 50 year party this year, 50th anniversary/ birthday next year! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.