Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found: Complete dual carb setup for 2.0L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
carl k
I'm looking for a complete set of dual carbs (Weber IDF, Dell'orto DRLA) to fit a GC engine. I'll need everything: carbs, manifolds, linkage, air cleaners, etc.

I'm in San Jose, CA so something nearby would be great, or be willing to ship.

thanks!
Carl
wes
I have the complete empi Webber’s 40s set up I’d like to clear the shelf of and would let go cheep if you’re interested. Would recommend a rebuild on them sat for years.Click to view attachment
johnhora
Rebuilding a set of original Italian Weber 40 IDF right now.
Will be available when I'm done. biggrin.gif
No linkage or intakes.
wes
So looking closer my Webber’s are 44s and just talking with a friend with knowledge they would work but would be better suited for racing. Probably better to go with the 40s johnhora is rebuilding and the Italian Webber’s always best of the Webber’s also.
If you are interested I be fine with parting the manafolds and linkage alone.
rasam
PM sent
djb
I have a set of 44 webers and believe they are Italian. They just came of a good running car. They are complete!

PM me if interested.

David
tmessenger
I would think 40's would be a good match for a GC.
carl k
Hi All-

Thanks everyone for the offers.

I bought a set of Spanish 44's today from a local World member (BuddyV). He said they ran well on his stock 2.0L, so I will try them out and see how they perform. If not, I may have to revisit this thread for some 40's, perhaps the ones johnhora is rebuilding.

regards,
Carl
johnhora
Carl,
The 44s will work fine on the 2.0L
just a matter of tuning and correct jets
nothing like being able to buy local and save on shipping these days.
good luck with your carb project..
BuddyV
Carl was great - we met half way between our homes.

I ran these exactly as they sit today on my 2.0 for years..... it's all in the tuning. (which should be dialed in on these already).

That said, I would still consider having them freshened up..... they have been sitting on my shelf in the garage for at least a year.

My mechanic who tuned these is not far from you..... closer to you than to me, actually. Text me for his contact info.

Thank you, World, for the space!! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.