Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: -6 Conversion List: 2.7 or 3.0 -6 Engine, Oil Tank, M Rear Calipers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
roblav1
Am making progress finding appropriate parts for my -6 build. Last time I did this, I seemed to be much more lucky.

Still looking for:
- an engine core (2.7 or 3.0) with bigger port heads
- oil tank with peripherals (I'll make my own lines)
- rear M brake calipers (doing the 911 parking brake)
- 6 cylinder tachometer or re-set the stock version?
- best place to get steel flares
- Is there a group buy or something on MADDOG stuff?
- Last I looked, sway-a-way was a great place for axles/CV's. Still?

Thanks.
mepstein
Am making progress finding appropriate parts for my -6 build. Last time I did this, I seemed to be much more lucky.

Still looking for:
- an engine core (2.7 or 3.0) with bigger port heads
- oil tank with peripherals (I'll make my own lines) - MB911/914-6Werkshop.com
- rear M brake calipers (doing the 911 parking brake) - pelican
- 6 cylinder tachometer or re-set the stock version? - pelican or tach adapt
- best place to get steel flares - restoration design
- Is there a group buy or something on MADDOG stuff?
- Last I looked, sway-a-way was a great place for axles/CV's. Still? - sway away for the axles to fit 914 trans to 911 hubs and stubs. part #2420. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=91963
Thanks.
roblav1
Thanks Mark. I'm still waiting to see what engine you come up with!
Retroracer
I have a 6 cylinder tach I could let go of; will PM you

- Tony
mb911
www.914-6werkshop.com..

I can help with allot of it.
roblav1
Thanks Ben. That GT chrome front bumper really looks nice. I'll be in contact for some things soon.
IronHillRestorations
Don't forget engine wiring harness, you'll want to sort that out before the engine goes in the car. To do it right you're going to want to remove the fan shroud, and often times replace or get your alternator rebuilt.
mepstein
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Feb 21 2019, 11:58 AM) *

Don't forget engine wiring harness, you'll want to sort that out before the engine goes in the car. To do it right you're going to want to remove the fan shroud, and often times replace or get your alternator rebuilt.

I had all the alternators and starters rebuilt on our project cars after seeing how much time it took for a tech to pull one after they installed an engine. They all work on the bench and then seem to go bad once the engine is in the car.
Perry is also known for his rebuilt engine harness. Make sure to contact him once you are set with the engine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.