Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spanish 914-6 Outlaw Build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Volkstuning
Hi. I run Volkstuning in Southern Spain and we have just started a 914 GT outlaw build. Our base car is a 1971 european model. We have a freshshly built 2.4 911 engine ready to go in this car. The plan is to a dry build, get all the running gear dial in, then drive train. Once we are happy with all the mods we will take her apart and go for the full works. This will probably be the first of many posts.
horizontally-opposed
welcome.png welcome.png welcome.png

Way cool, and glad to see you here. Greetings from San Francisco to Estepona!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
you sure are starting off in the right way!
burton73
welcome.png

Bob B
ValcoOscar
piratenanner.gif welcome.png

One to watch....

Hope you realize you're entering an addiction phase with your GT project.

Oscar
Volkstuning
First challenge of many I am sure. we are using a mixture of SC hubs an vented cross drilled disks. together with boxter calipers. The original 914 has the smaller 4 bolt flange which is not compatible with the later SC drive flange which i believe is known as the small 6 flange, the large 6 flange being the one mounted to the turbos. My question is can I fit late cv joint 75<>86 to the drive shaft originaly fitted to the 914? are the interior splines compatible? I dont have any 911 cvoint to habd and would have to order some to see if it would work. All advice and information appreciated.
Volkstuning
Thank you.
Volkstuning
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Feb 25 2019, 12:30 PM) *

piratenanner.gif welcome.png

One to watch....

Hope you realize you're entering an addiction phase with your GT project.

Oscar

There are worse addictions to have
Volkstuning
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 25 2019, 12:22 PM) *

you sure are starting off in the right way!

I will take that as a big compliment coming from you. There is a copy of your publication on its way to me.
mepstein
welcome.png

You should read these two threads on converting to 5 lug and CV upgrades. I believe these are the two best threads on the internet for understanding the conversion and what will fit. The only thing I can add is if you use later hubcentric hubs, you will need a 5mm spacer. If you use early hubs, no spacer is required.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=105728

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=91963
daytona
welcome.png

Bienvenidos y saludos desde Ormond Beach.

Volkstuning
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 25 2019, 12:53 PM) *

welcome.png

You should read these two threads on converting to 5 lug and CV upgrades. I believe these are the two best threads on the internet for understanding the conversion and what will fit. The only thing I can add is if you use later hubcentric hubs, you will need a 5mm spacer. If you use early hubs, no spacer is required.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=105728

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=91963

I did read the first article before getting stuck in. The second one is more relevant to what I am trying to achive. Going to ask some questions on that thread.
mb911

Let me know if I can help in anyway www.914-6werkshop.com
rick 918-S
welcome.png assimilate.gif
Cairo94507
welcome.png You have thrown your hat into a great ring. This is a terrific bunch of guys with more experience with 914's than anywhere else n the planet. Tons of threads regarding GT builds and I bet every issue you have a question about will have an answer here. Enjoy the journey. beerchug.gif
914Sixer
I am using 911 SC rear hubs and stubs. You need the 5mm spacer on the inside of the hub to use the stock 914 rear wheel bearing. Your 911 SC stub axle is then correctly spaced. Use what ever rotor and caliper combo you want.

Spacer is available from Patrick MotorSports About $55.
mepstein
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Feb 25 2019, 04:18 PM) *

I am using 911 SC rear hubs and stubs. You need the 5mm spacer on the inside of the stub to use the stock 914 rear wheel bearing. Your 911 SC stub axle is then correctly spaced. Use what ever rotor and caliper combo you want.

I need a couple sets of those 5mm spacers. I was going to ask Ben if he could make some for less than PMS.
@MB911
mb911
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 25 2019, 01:53 PM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Feb 25 2019, 04:18 PM) *

I am using 911 SC rear hubs and stubs. You need the 5mm spacer on the inside of the stub to use the stock 914 rear wheel bearing. Your 911 SC stub axle is then correctly spaced. Use what ever rotor and caliper combo you want.

I need a couple sets of those 5mm spacers. I was going to ask Ben if he could make some for less than PMS.
@MB911

I am sure that's a pretty easy part to make.. Any dimensions out there I can use?
RolinkHaus
Can't wait to see what your going to do with the 2.4 .
Valy
QUOTE(Volkstuning @ Feb 25 2019, 10:13 AM) *

Hi. I run Volkstuning in Southern Spain and we have just started a 914 GT outlaw build. Our base car is a 1971 european model. We have a freshshly built 2.4 911 engine ready to go in this car. The plan is to a dry build, get all the running gear dial in, then drive train. Once we are happy with all the mods we will take her apart and go for the full works. This will probably be the first of many posts.

Can you please take a lot of pictures before you take it apart?
Many of us will appreciate the info in the pictures for documenting authentic European spec.
What was the original color of the front and rear valance and side rocker panels?
Is the car fuel injected or carbs? Pictures please.
Dashboard pictures please.
VIN pictures.
Front trunk pictures
Front and rear fog lights (if available).
I'm sure others will jump on.

Wellcome to the club!
whitetwinturbo
......another hero jumping off the ledge smash.gif stirthepot.gif
914forme
@mb911 I have a set setting on the bench right now if you need dimensions. Yes easy to make, I did them out of steel and had them heat treated confused24.gif More than likely not needed, but my typical overkill sort of item.

welcome.png I can't wait to see where this is going.
mepstein
QUOTE(914forme @ Feb 25 2019, 08:19 PM) *

@mb911 I have a set setting on the bench right now if you need dimensions. Yes easy to make, I did them out of steel and had them heat treated confused24.gif More than likely not needed, but my typical overkill sort of item.

welcome.png I can't wait to see where this is going.

Some pics from one of prs914-6 thread.
Joemo5
Those look like Boxster S calipers?
Volkstuning
QUOTE(Joemo5 @ Feb 25 2019, 09:53 PM) *

Those look like Boxster S calipers?

Hi they are
Volkstuning
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Feb 25 2019, 03:18 PM) *

I am using 911 SC rear hubs and stubs. You need the 5mm spacer on the inside of the hub to use the stock 914 rear wheel bearing. Your 911 SC stub axle is then correctly spaced. Use what ever rotor and caliper combo you want.

What cv joint did you use? did you keep the original drive shaft?
914Sixer
Using custom axle for full floating. CV's are 944's since they are cheap and readily available. They are 100mm 6 bolt configuration You can use the stock axle machined per Sir Andy's write up in the Classic Thread. I believe the 911SC axles are 28 spline and the CV's are hard to find.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.