Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D-Jet Harness power connection (4prong square plug
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
hey my 4-prong wiring job broke on 2 wires....so which is which or are they all +12V or what? What's the pinout on this thing anyway?
xsboost90
this one?
bd1308
yup....thats the one. Powers the ECU if i'm not mistaken. Unless there is some other mystery connector i didnt see.
McMark
They are not all constant 12V. You can use shielded spade connectors in place of the four prong connectors. Just make sure the correct wires go in the correct place.
mihai914
Go see in the electrical diagram and see what pin on the ECU plug corresponds to which wire on the board, then just use a multimeter to figure out the right combination.
bd1308
well thats my problem....they split not at the plug itself but later in the harness...so i'm resorting to using my crippled 2.0 setup....
mihai914
I'm talking about doing a continuity test with an ohmmeter and see which wire is which based on a reference point, in this case the only good one, the ECU connector. Doesn't matter where it's split!

On the relay board you have 4 connectors I, II, III and IV here is the matching ones on the ECU plug:

I = 16 or 24
II = 18
III = 19
IV = Cold start valve

One test probe on the wire and the other goes to any point on the ECU untill you get 0 ohms thus continuity and you have found the wire number.

bd1308
okay makes sense now....just had to boot-strap my brain...which works almost as well as a failing alternator does.
lapuwali
There's a diagram in the Haynes manual, and notes on my blog. One wire feeds +12 to the ECU, one controls the fuel pump, one controls the cold start valve, and one detects when the engine is cranking. You can just use bare spade connectors you crimp onto the ends of the wire.
bd1308
well on my 2.0 setup, the bottom-left plug is actually just screwed onto a bolt for ground....WTF? Actually my fuel pump is supposedly re-wired to help with vapor lock problems....nothing here yet.
mihai914
Britt, why don't you try fixing ONE thing at a time instead of tackling 20 of them confused24.gif

You're not going anywhere, if things are not going your way, take a break and come back later.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.