Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 73' 2.0L engine tin right side and lower fan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Superhawk996
Looking for passenger side engine tin and the lower fan shroud tin to replace pieces previously whacked by A/C install. headbang.gif

need not be perfect cosmetically since I will sandblast and re-paint.

Engine is GA 2.0L 1973 but if I recall correctly tin is interchangeable.
914Sixer
I have the front tin
rhodyguy
If all else fails, use a 1.7/1.8 engine upper tin to piece it together. Folks tend to sell their 2.0 tin in sets.
Superhawk996
What's the difference? Open to education.

Maybe in date of manufacture paint stamp that is usually long gone? Maybe slight difference around head intake and/or vent that might need a minor tweak? idea.gif
rhodyguy
Spark plug locations. Mine WAS an AC car. The front/lower portion of the tin you need is the same. For the notch in the engine shelve you can source a chunk from the left side of a car being parted out. There's all kinds of holes all over your car left behind from the AC removal.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Feb 28 2019, 02:32 PM) *

Spark plug locations. Mine WAS an AC car. The front/lower portion of the tin you need is the same. For the notch in the engine shelve you can source a chunk from the left side of a car being parted out. There's all kinds of holes all over your car left behind from the AC removal.

agree.gif

A/C was butchery. sheeplove.gif

I'm redoing the whole right side frame / long and wheel house completely so lots of holes to fix including lots of A/C hole saw holes up front!

Thanks for info on engine tin. I can cut 1.7/1.8L tin and graft to my 2.0L tin to preserve spark plug locations if they differ much on spark plug locations.

However, I have so much other fabrication work, I'd MUCH rather just find a right side 2.0L tin ready to go.

I'll bump back to top and hope for 2.0L if anyone has 1.7L/1.8L tin I'm open to offers.
914Sixer
Ok picture of front engine tin. $49 shipped. This will have to go oversize.

Paypal: a914nut@email.com
Superhawk996
OK - Mark has covered me for the fan tin. piratenanner.gif

Who's holding out on the 2.0L right side engine tin? confused24.gif

Open to 1.7L/1.8L for graft if that's what it comes to.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.