Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subaru cooling help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mowog4
I recall reading a post about someone running coolant lines through the heating ducts through the cabin. I have been searching for it, but can’t Find it. Anyone remember the post?
Thanks
mepstein
I think Amerson did it to his Suby car.
76-914
I forget what page.................. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=201776
Mowog4
You guys are great, thanks!
JRust
It is trickier getting all the air out of the system when it's run that way. The Extra Peaks & Valley's made it tough. I always had issues with cooling my v8 when it was run that way. Wasn't a problem again when I finally ran them straight under the car. A suby is a bit more forgiving cooling wise though
76-914
As I found out, SBC old school V-8's are a different breed. The na Subaru is a much more efficient engine and doesn't produce or hold much heat. I never had a cooling problem when I had the small coolant lines run through the longs. Nor did get any heat in the cabin from having run those lines through the longs. The only reason that I changed to the under carriage route and larger hose is ignorance on my part. I was chasing my own tail at the time. When you run the lines down, up and back down they can trap some air but look and you'll see hose clamps that can be loosened to bleed the air at the high points. Quick and easy to bleed. beerchug.gif
Chris914n6
Just run them under the car like all the people that have never had problems.... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.