Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MFI for a Type 4
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Katmanken
James,

I guess we both misremember. The 1750 ended in 72 and had 115 hp. Still was slow, 0-60 was 10.3 sec for the 1750 and 9.7 for the 2000.

I meant dad bought the 1750 in 73. Iit had 18,000 miles on it and He paid $1450 for it. Some lady had just inherited a big house and a big car and didn't want the "little" car anymore......

I'm still waiting for my deal like that...

Ken
lapuwali
QUOTE (kwales @ Jun 24 2005, 08:00 PM)
James,

I guess we both misremember. The 1750 ended in 72 and had 115 hp. Still was slow, 0-60 was 10.3 sec for the 1750 and 9.7 for the 2000.

I meant dad bought the 1750 in 73. Iit had 18,000 miles on it and He paid $1450 for it. Some lady had just inherited a big house and a big car and didn't want the "little" car anymore......

I'm still waiting for my deal like that...

Ken

Oh, Berlinas are a dime a dozen. I got mine for $500 and gave it away a year or so later to someone who needed parts off it more than I needed the car. An absolutely cherry car is maybe $3000. There's a guy in Berkeley that trades them often, and could (and would happily) tell you where many of the Berlinas still on the road are, and where you could get one for a good price. I'd personally hold out for a Giulia Super, but they're over $8K in nice shape now.

btw, in 1973, a 0-60 time of under 10 seconds wasn't slow. Checked out the 0-60 of a '72 2.0 914 sometime? 9.7sec was a good bit better than average. A Bug certainly couldn't do anything like that.

In any case, we've drifted off track. Alfas with the SPICA system and US cam tuning were substantially faster than the same cars with dual Webers fitted, a common thing when a pair of Webers cost less than a SPICA pump rebuild (no longer true). Fit Euro cams with the Webers, and you picked up a lot of power. Retune the SPICA for the hot cam, though (hard to do until recently), and you'd blow away the Weber'd car again. Call up Wes Ingram and ask, if you like. He probably has dyno sheets to pass on.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.