Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Modified 914 or 911 RS Type steering wheel (my version)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Andyrew
Not sure how I missed this,
Great wheel!!! Good job Oscar!!
gereed75
Oscar, I really like the 13.5 inch diameter and I think most everyone that try’s one will like it also. I was shooting for 1.25 thick but with padding and leather wrap it ended up a bit thicker.

Are you padding and what did you use?

Can’t quite tell what stitch you used from the pictures

This was a fun project but I will not do another one. The stitching ( I used the basic cross stitch) took way longer and was much harder than I anticipated. Sore hands for a day or two.

Nice work.

PS - the bumper I got from you looks great, I’ll post a couple of installed pix in a separate thread. Thanks
ValcoOscar
Thank you for your interest....

I’m currently in the middle of a small chrome bumper run, so once that is done I can consider offering GB on my modified Steering Wheels.

Oscar
djway
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jun 29 2020, 08:52 AM) *

I’m currently in the middle of a small chrome bumper run, so once that is done I can consider offering GB on my modified Steering Wheels.

Oscar

Hey Oscar
Did you forget about my bumpers?? confused24.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(djway @ Jul 1 2020, 09:02 PM) *

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jun 29 2020, 08:52 AM) *

Oscar

Hey Oscar
Did you forget about my bumpers?? confused24.gif

Yes, forgot. I sent you email so you can bring your notchback bumpers to me this weekend.

Oscar
ValcoOscar
Back at this...now I'm adding thumb rests after modification (340mm dia). More work, but much better feel.

Here is also a Stock size wheel I just refinished for a SoCal member.

4 more in process now.

Wish me luck....

O

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
Nice work,,,,I love 370 ??
ClayPerrine
Oscar,

That is some impressive work. But frankly, I like the stock wheel on our 914s. It doesn't block the gauges, and it adds some extra leverage when turning.

I had a friend who runs a 914 in AX tell me I needed to put a smaller wheel on my car. But he is 6' tall and I am 5'5" tall. So I don't need the smaller wheel.

If it helps you fit better and you like it, cool.

Sometimes it is good to be short.

Clay
Cairo94507
Wow- Oscar that is a beautiful wheel- well done. smilie_pokal.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
[/quote]
gereed75
Really nice Oscar

Did you do the leather work or send it out.? Mine came out OK but not great. Not as nice as yours. For those who haven’t done it, the leather stitching is LOTS of work.

I am happy with the leverage provided by the smaller wheel 13.5”. Not a problem effort wise on my 205/15 wheels. If you are running a GT with bigger tires it would be heavier but still OK I think.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.