Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gaswerks Garage: Gold 914/6 GT for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
jim_hoyland
1973 Porsche 914 Price: 32500
Gaswerks Garage is pleased to offer this incredibly original, time capsule 1974 Porsche 914
finished in Olympic Blue! This car was purchased on May 16, 1973 at Alpine Porsche Audi in
Colorado Springs, CO as a gift for the owner’s daughter of Arvada, CO. All of the original
purchase and sales documents are included with the car. The original owner was a student at
the University of Colorado in Boulder at the time . There is a rallye plaque on the dash from the
University of Colorado Sports Car Club dated April 1974.

This Porsche 914 is powered by a 1.7L Flat Four cylinder engine that provides a fun and
exciting ride! These cars are praised for their reliability and drivability and we can see why! The
914 shares a lot of the same engine ideas as one of the most reliable cars ever produced - the
VW beetle! This car drives like a go kart! Very nimble, great handling and braking. Mid-engine
placement also adds to the handling aspect. Modern day supercars use the same mid engine
design! The interior is just as beautiful as the exterior! No rips or stains, the black interior looks
just as great as when it left the showroom. The sporty style seats provides great comfort for long
highway trips of backroad cruises.

This rust-free car received a very high quality, trim off/glass out, exterior re-paint in 2010.
A slight amount of metal flake was added to the original paint mix which provides a nice modern
touch! Here at Gaswerks we are known for building some of the best hot rod 914s in the country
and this car is the perfect candidate for one of our Gaswerks treatments! We can turn this 914
into anything you desire! This all original 914 is the car you have been looking for! Please
contact us to schedule a test drive or to talk to us about possible modifications for this very nice
914! Spring has arrived - don’t wait!

It does show well, especially the paint job.

Noticed the seeming lack of front way bar. Strange they left the -4 motor mounts on, instead of grinding them off. Maybe so you can switch it back to a four if gas prices go up.... ;-) Wonder if they did the rear reinforcement on the inner rear?

Nice cafe racer. Interested to see what price it brings,

- Tony
rgalla9146
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Mar 26 2019, 02:43 PM) *

four and 6 rear shift rods.
Both pretty straight originally.

Click to view attachment

Side shift conversion piece for a 6 using re-arranged 4 cyl. rear shifter parts.
Even clears an aluminum engine and stock heat exchangers
sixnotfour
OMG
I got it, six would fit no prblem, they should have went to side shifter. beerchug.gif see pic in post above
esp. for the $$$ they want
campbellcj
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 25 2019, 08:40 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 25 2019, 03:41 PM) *

Michelins? smilie_pokal.gif

I was going to ask.... drooley.gif Vintage PHAT. What model and size are those? Can't find that tread pattern.

I just got the same - TB-5 from Coker Tire. It's a modern radial repro of a vintage Euro tread pattern, comes in medium/rear and soft/front compounds.

Beware, they are $pendy. Like if you think Hoosiers are expensive (I do, and they're my only other real option)...don't look. Sizes very limited also.

Click to view attachment
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 26 2019, 10:24 AM) *

Shift linkage on a 911 is pretty straight forward but not so much on a 914 conversion car.

Fwiw, a 911 shift rod (interior side) can be modded to work beautifully to replace the rear rod in a 914-4 side-shifter. Has to be cut, plug welded, then seam-welded. This is the best-shifting 901 that I've ever tried, and my stock 914-4 side-shifter was very well sorted. This is nicer...
sixnotfour
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Mar 26 2019, 10:35 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 26 2019, 10:24 AM) *

Shift linkage on a 911 is pretty straight forward but not so much on a 914 conversion car.

Fwiw, a 911 shift rod (interior side) can be modded to work beautifully to replace the rear rod in a 914-4 side-shifter. Has to be cut, plug welded, then seam-welded. This is the best-shifting 901 that I've ever tried, and my stock 914-4 side-shifter was very well sorted. This is nicer...

I think you mean this..
Side shift conversion piece for a 6 using re-arranged 4 cyl. rear shifter parts.
Even clears an aluminum engine and stock heat exchangers
Craigers17
QUOTE(raynekat @ Mar 25 2019, 04:45 PM) *

The attention to detail is massive on this build (gold GT).
Any guesses on asking price?
I know what I think, but curious what others think this car will come in at?

popcorn[1].gif

Looks like $150K on Lamborghini of Paramus. Tried to copy link...we'll see if it worked.
https://www.lamborghiniparamus.com/used/Por...8cdde982304.htm
gms
VIN : 4722911891
Price: $150,000
av-943.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(gms @ Mar 27 2019, 04:34 PM) *

VIN : 4722911891
Price: $150,000
av-943.gif

agree.gif has a conversion car sold for more than $100k-?
The car looks great but there is some really weird stuff going on and it would make me wonder what else they screwed up.
raynekat
If any big name shop (i.e. Patrick Motorsports, Rothsport, Kelly Moss) built this car for you....you'd be paying at least $150k for it.
mb911
That's my concern as well but like the idea of it selling that high..
sixnotfour
QUOTE(raynekat @ Mar 27 2019, 03:21 PM) *

If any big name shop (i.e. Patrick Motorsports, Rothsport, Kelly Moss) built this car for you....you'd be paying at least $150k for it.

But it would not have the simple upgrades to make the mark......its a great 914 ...but,,needs to be looked at...almost fishing ....side shift trans is a no brainer..for one..

no my 914s are not perfect...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.