Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gaswerks Garage: Gold 914/6 GT for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Cal
This 914/6 GT tribute that Gaswerks recently built and displayed at Rennsport is apparently for sale. This looks to be a very well built hot rod.....

http://www.gaswerksgarage.com/cars-for-sale.html

They also have a nice looking '73 1.7 listed as well....not cheap $32K

mb911
That's pretty cool it has the headers I make on it.
Eric_Shea
Michelins? smilie_pokal.gif
My 914
I'm not a big fan of the color gold but it looks great with the black trim on the GT tribute.
Cairo94507
I was just checking those headers out and thought "those look like Ben's work". Then I scrolled down and sure enough, Ben's headers. Great job and nice car.
Chris H.
There's something about a plain jane 914 like the blue one chowtime.gif .... You don't see many with hubcaps and chrome bumpers either
pete000
Nice build!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Gaspare does incredible work, worth every penny
JOEPROPER
Love that GT tribute. Blue on is great too. Saw it on The Samba earlier today.
raynekat
The attention to detail is massive on this build (gold GT).
Any guesses on asking price?
I know what I think, but curious what others think this car will come in at?

popcorn[1].gif
mb911
Notice how the headers were modified on the driverside by them.. There is a good story about that.. That's my worst nightmare when selling wholesale to someone who then retails it to someone else..

Very very nice car.
mepstein
Guessing $100k. I’m not that buyer but I like the high end build for ideas that I can duplicate at my budget.

And nobody will be messing with my SS heat exchangers.
Dion
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Mar 25 2019, 01:16 PM) *

There's something about a plain jane 914 like the blue one chowtime.gif .... You don't see many with hubcaps and chrome bumpers either

agree.gif It’s one that ya would just call a “cute” fun car.
rgalla9146

Indredible build. Great paint and so many details.
Tailshifter ? ! no rear sway
mepstein
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Mar 25 2019, 08:14 PM) *

Yea, really strange. There’s a curve near the engine to duplicate the path of a tail shifter.
URY914
I saw it in person..............

Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
Jamie
QUOTE(Cal @ Mar 25 2019, 11:55 AM) *

This 914/6 GT tribute that Gaswerks recently built and displayed at Rennsport is apparently for sale. This looks to be a very well built hot rod.....

Something else odd with this no options 73 1.7L, it has center console with instruments? confused24.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Jamie @ Mar 25 2019, 10:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Cal @ Mar 25 2019, 11:55 AM) *

Something else odd with this no options 73 1.7L, it has center console with instruments? confused24.gif

Mid year and later all had connections for the center console even if it didn’t come with one. No wire mods needed.

I like the painted but not covered interior panels. I might try it in my car and see if the noise level is acceptable.

Not one of ben's welds. shades.gif @MB911
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 25 2019, 03:41 PM) *

I was going to ask.... drooley.gif Vintage PHAT. What model and size are those? Can't find that tread pattern.
raynekat
Saw a couple of other interesting cars on the GasWerksGarage website.

1970 914-6 with "MotorMeister" engine for $87.5k.
Best deduct the cost of an engine rebuild for this one.
I would never ever trust an engine that had been through Motor Meister's hands.
Otherwise the car looks pretty nice.
Click to view attachment

And an 89 backdate into RSR config...but with a pretty stock looking Moronic 3.2.
Again the car looks nice, but $186k?
Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
Not one of ben's welds. @MB911

easier and better ..do a side shifter ...very odd.. chair.gif headbang.gif hissyfit.gif screwy.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 25 2019, 11:40 PM) *

I was going to ask.... drooley.gif Vintage PHAT. What model and size are those? Can't find that tread pattern.

TB 15 ?
mb911
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 25 2019, 11:03 PM) *

Not one of ben's welds. @MB911

easier and better ..do a side shifter ...very odd.. chair.gif headbang.gif hissyfit.gif screwy.gif

Yes no idea why they wouldn't have.. Are they not 914 folks? Possibly not knowing any better..
Dion
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 26 2019, 03:47 AM) *

TB 15 ?

Gonna say yes, good eye Mark.
gereed75
189 for a RS clone seems crazy but have you seen what nice ones have gone for on BAT??
mepstein
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Mar 26 2019, 08:26 AM) *

189 for a RS clone seems crazy but have you seen what nice ones have gone for on BAT??

We've done them for that much but our would have a fully built 3.8 and lots of other cool stuff.
mepstein
QUOTE(Dion @ Mar 26 2019, 08:15 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 26 2019, 03:47 AM) *

TB 15 ?

Gonna say yes, good eye Mark.

I'm not sure there are even any other tires available in that size and style so it wasn't much to throw it out there. They are on the blue max moritz gt and if I ever get my tribute car done, I will splurge for them.
Tdskip
No sound insulation would, somewhat educated guess given my red "turbo" car experience, render the car a short drive toy rather than all day drive.

Not sure I'd skip it.
sixnotfour
US source,,,fyi they dont list all sizes for some reason
My 914
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Mar 26 2019, 10:03 AM) *

No sound insulation would, somewhat educated guess given my red "turbo" car experience, render the car a short drive toy rather than all day drive.

Not sure I'd skip it.

agree.gif

Having driven a few poorly insulated cars, I can vouch for the fact that the noise gets old fast.
mepstein
QUOTE(My 914 @ Mar 26 2019, 10:54 AM) *

Not sure I'd skip it.

agree.gif

Having driven a few poorly insulated cars, I can vouch for the fact that the noise gets old fast.

There are some thin, spray on sound deadeners. I wonder if they would cut it down enough? If not, I could always go in and do the normal stuff. It would take 5 minutes to pull two seats and a couple small parts.

I don't see any pics of the front hood interior. I wonder if they reinforced to shock towers for the front coil-overs.

I like the "less is more" approach on the interior but I'm really confused what is going on with the trans. It's obviously a conversion car so no reason to use a tail shifter. Especially when they needed to hack the headers to get the shift rod to fit.
aturboman
A lot of work and detail went into this car for sure; but I don't see a front sway bar either. Strange omission for a GT replica.

QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Mar 25 2019, 05:14 PM) *

gandalf_025
That rear shift rod has some serious bends added to it.
Would think there was a more reasonable way to achieve that.
The Gold Color is amazing though... Wish my car was that color.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
30 years from now everything will be quiet! I too hate loud cars and loud motorcycles

QUOTE(My 914 @ Mar 26 2019, 07:54 AM) *

Not sure I'd skip it.

agree.gif

mb911
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Mar 26 2019, 08:52 AM) *

That rear shift rod has some serious bends added to it.
Would think there was a more reasonable way to achieve that.
The Gold Color is amazing though... Wish my car was that color.

Your onto the exhaust mods story..
gandalf_025
Here is a factory 6 rear shift rod and one modified by Ralph Meaney
back in the day to clear an early aluminum 911 case.
Far more elegant a solution, especially considering the
use...
Can’t see they couldn’t have done something more
Like this for a contemporary car worth a ton of money.

Click to view attachment
mepstein
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Mar 26 2019, 01:33 PM) *

Here is a factory 6 rear shift rod and one modified by Ralph Meaney
back in the day to clear an early aluminum 911 case.
Far more elegant a solution, especially considering the
use...
Can’t see they couldn’t have done something more
Like this for a contemporary car worth a ton of money.

That's what is so great about World and it's members. Someone has usually done it before and arrived at a good solution. No need to reinvent the wheel/shift rod.

When my heat exchangers needed a small adjustment to clear the 3.2 case and Jwest shift kit, I sent them to Ben. The repair is invisible. My set was one of the first made and Ben used the info for future sets.
gandalf_025
At the same time I bought that shift rod, I also bought a set of
Headers that Ralph kept as a backup to the sets on his cars.
I offered them as patterns for people looking to reproduce
Early headers, but there was no interest..
sixnotfour
you are correct about the six shift rods,,, Unfortunately this is using the 4cyl. tail shift...yuk
mepstein
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Mar 26 2019, 02:16 PM) *

At the same time I bought that shift rod, I also bought a set of
Headers that Ralph kept as a backup to the sets on his cars.
I offered them as patterns for people looking to reproduce
Early headers, but there was no interest..

It would be cool if you could post some pics.

I know the big mistake at our shop was putting the chassis and parts into their final finish, assembly and expecting everything to fit correctly. It was always made worse when a customer would supply their wheels late in the build, after custom flares were made. Shift linkage on a 911 is pretty straight forward but not so much on a 914 conversion car.

I do like the gold. I wonder if it's the same color that Porsche used on their NOS 993 turbo build.
gandalf_025
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 26 2019, 02:18 PM) *

you are correct about the six shift rods,,, Unfortunately this is using the 4cyl. tail shift...yuk

I don’t get your point...
The 4 cylinder rear shift rod was similar
in shape to the 6 tail shifter....
As in fairly straight..
Can’t see someone had to bend the hell out of
it and then cut the exhaust to clear..
Modding the shift rod might have worked by itself...

Just my opinion of course.....
gandalf_025
four and 6 rear shift rods.
Both pretty straight originally.

Click to view attachment
gandalf_025
These are the headers as they are now.
They spent a lot of years on my car just sitting.
Went on the car in the 70’s and sat from the early 80’s.
Car hasn’t been run since..

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
I don’t get your point..

the 4cyl shift linkange is not very precise, the 6cyl, is decent.
If it had a 6cyl, tail housing and shift linkage, it would have cleared no problem..
gandalf_025
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 26 2019, 03:03 PM) *

I don’t get your point..

If it had a 6cyl, tail housing and shift linkage, it would have cleared no problem..

If you read what I posted, you’d see I wasn’t debating
the plusses or minuses of either...
Just saying there was a better way to mod the shift rod
And not
Make a mess and have to cut up the exhaust..
That’s all...
sixnotfour
QUOTE(gandalf_025 @ Mar 26 2019, 01:10 PM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 26 2019, 03:03 PM) *

I don’t get your point..

If you read what I posted, you’d see I wasn’t debating
the plusses or minuses of either...
Just saying there was a better way to mod the shift rod
And not
Make a mess and have to cut up the exhaust..
That’s all...

I got it, six would fit no prblem, they should have went to side shifter. beerchug.gif see pic in post above
esp. for the $$$ they want
jim_hoyland

1973 Porsche 914 Price: 32500
Gaswerks Garage is pleased to offer this incredibly original, time capsule 1974 Porsche 914
finished in Olympic Blue! This car was purchased on May 16, 1973 at Alpine Porsche Audi in
Colorado Springs, CO as a gift for the owner’s daughter of Arvada, CO. All of the original
purchase and sales documents are included with the car. The original owner was a student at
the University of Colorado in Boulder at the time . There is a rallye plaque on the dash from the
University of Colorado Sports Car Club dated April 1974.

This Porsche 914 is powered by a 1.7L Flat Four cylinder engine that provides a fun and
exciting ride! These cars are praised for their reliability and drivability and we can see why! The
914 shares a lot of the same engine ideas as one of the most reliable cars ever produced - the
VW beetle! This car drives like a go kart! Very nimble, great handling and braking. Mid-engine
placement also adds to the handling aspect. Modern day supercars use the same mid engine
design! The interior is just as beautiful as the exterior! No rips or stains, the black interior looks
just as great as when it left the showroom. The sporty style seats provides great comfort for long
highway trips of backroad cruises.

This rust-free car received a very high quality, trim off/glass out, exterior re-paint in 2010.
A slight amount of metal flake was added to the original paint mix which provides a nice modern
touch! Here at Gaswerks we are known for building some of the best hot rod 914s in the country
and this car is the perfect candidate for one of our Gaswerks treatments! We can turn this 914
into anything you desire! This all original 914 is the car you have been looking for! Please
contact us to schedule a test drive or to talk to us about possible modifications for this very nice
914! Spring has arrived - don’t wait!

Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.