Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine refresh question-help me get my head out of more traditional engines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
Gentlemen, hope everybody’s having a good weekend. I’m going to be doing crank bearings in piston rings on my Triumph TR6 soon, and that is in the engine in car thing. A bit messy, but not terribly complicated.

I don’t think there is the equivalent bearing and piston ring refresh without taking the whole engine apart on our Type 4 engines however, correct?

I always have a ton to learn about these engines still, I’ve never opened one up so forgive me if this is, even by my standards, a brain-dead question.

Thanks!
mepstein
You can do just a top end refresh on a type 4 or six. It's common on a six to have to replace broken studs so heads are usually done at the same time. A 3.2 has Dilvar studs and soft valve guides but might run the bottom end for 200K.
Mark Henry
Type 1 & 4, 356 case has to come apart for bearings, cam and crank, /6 apart for crank. IMS, bearings and pump.
Rods and bearings can be done without splitting the case, Type 1 & 4 if you're that far I'd split the case.
thelogo
This stuff must require one expensive torque
Wrench

But if you build it
It will hum

Tdskip
Thanks guys
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.