Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie error
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Str1974
Well I relocated my fuel pump to the front (something I decided to do when I was replacing the tunnel fuel hoses with stainless steel lines). While I was doing that I decided to replace my master cylinder because it was leaking, then I also cleaned out my fuel tank and replaced all my fuel lines with new hoses that are E85 resistant.

What started out as a weekend project has ballooned into a bigger project under the premise "while I got this part off, why not fix this other thing". Did I mention I also refurbished my pedal assembly with new copper bushings and new springs...

THE PROBLEM:
Again, long story short. Now that I have my fuel pump and tank back in the car, I have the positive wire that I ran from the back to the front, but I can't remember where I should hook up the positive wire for the fuel pump because it's been so long since I had cut it and started work. I know it was connected under the battery tray where the pump was originally located. BUT, as a newbie I can't for the life of me find the lose connection that eventually goes to the fuse block behind the driver's side engine compartment.

Does anyone know the color of the original wire that would have gone to the positive connection of the fuel pump? Or should I run a new wire to the fuel pump relay?

I feel stupid asking this, I should have labeled it or made notes, but I am getting old and suffer from brain "farts" a lot more these days.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the lead for the fuel pump is right under the right rear engine shelf, you can see the main wiring harness in front of the battery and where the lead comes off to go through the shelf for the original fuel pump mounting place

QUOTE(Str1974 @ Apr 13 2019, 12:07 PM) *

Well I relocated my fuel pump to the front (something I decided to do when I was replacing the tunnel fuel hoses with stainless steel lines). While I was doing that I decided to replace my master cylinder because it was leaking, then I also cleaned out my fuel tank and replaced all my fuel lines with new hoses that are E85 resistant.

What started out as a weekend project has ballooned into a bigger project under the premise "while I got this part off, why not fix this other thing". Did I mention I also refurbished my pedal assembly with new copper bushings and new springs...

THE PROBLEM:
Again, long story short. Now that I have my fuel pump and tank back in the car, I have the positive wire that I ran from the back to the front, but I can't remember where I should hook up the positive wire for the fuel pump because it's been so long since I had cut it and started work. I know it was connected under the battery tray where the pump was originally located. BUT, as a newbie I can't for the life of me find the lose connection that eventually goes to the fuse block behind the driver's side engine compartment.

Does anyone know the color of the original wire that would have gone to the positive connection of the fuel pump? Or should I run a new wire to the fuel pump relay?

I feel stupid asking this, I should have labeled it or made notes, but I am getting old and suffer from brain "farts" a lot more these days.
jcd914
It should be a black wire with red stripe and should be located as George described.

Jim
JeffBowlsby
The 75-76 cars used a 12gage wire from the relay board to the pump under the fuel tank, same for the ground. I hope you did that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.