Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transporting a body
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IanStott
Going to be transporting a body," or a tub" as I have heard it called and since it is quite distance I only wanted to haul a trailer one way. The u-haul 4X8 is a reasonable price but obviously to narrow, has antone popped a teener up on its side? I'm considering it if the damage will only be a few scratches, I am in the middle of a complete restoration so very minor bodywork prior to painting is no big deal. All thoughts and or experience much appreciated. Thanks.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
bd1308
laugh.gif double meanings....

I think the doors mught crunch in (the one on the ground--unless you have the re-inforced late doors) and the rear might do something funcky......but i dunno that putting it on the side will cause it to blow up or anything. Could possibly put dents in it.
IanStott
The doors are off, no suspension, engine,glass,interior,etc. all gone. I'm thinking the weight will be around 700 lbs. or less. I will use foam to help distribute the weight.

Ian Stott
michel richard
You might consider buiding some short legs that would either bolt or weld to the bumper attachement points. That way the actual body could be off the ground and the weigth supported by some hard points.

Michel Richard
GWN7
When the 72 broke in half towing it up to the farm I sawzall-smiley.gif it the rest of the way and loaded the two halves on to my utility trailer and towed it up that way. The fenders & quarter panels had some scratches.

If you can't suspend it as Michel susgested try leaning it so the body weight rests on the longs that will lessen the chance of damage. Tie it down well so it dosen't jump around while on the trailer.
meares
when i transport bodies i fold them in half and use a BIG & THICK trash bag.......you must dump them in the gulf stream....good bait! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.