Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring Diagram
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BPic
I have my harness out and I'm cleaning and replacing some wires. I'm also adding wires for AC and few other goodies. I want to have a center console with gauges and I'm stuck on this diagram. What do the numbers I'm pointing at reference? confused24.gif Click to view attachment
Rand
Depends on the manual/chart, but I'd figure identifying circuits so you can pick them up on other parts of the charts. Only so much room on a page, gotta point to other sections where the circuits continue.
GregAmy
Are there number markings at the bottom of the chart? I don't recognize that chart but factory electrical diagrams have that. If so, that number refers to the line number at the bottom where that circuit continues.
BPic
Thats exactly what I thought. However there is no other 62 or 63 on the diagrams. Theres a 61 for the Stop Light Switch on the first page. I want to find which wires to tap into to add the gauges in a center console.
jcd914
They are continuation indicators, the circuit continues on the other diagram page.
I guess since there were only 2 pages to the diagram they figure just a matching number was enough for you to find the other part of the circuit.

The latter diagrams are what they call current flow diagrams and they have track numbers at the bottom of the page and those are what is used to reference the continuation of the circuit.

For your current case: 62 is above the light switch (28) and 63 is at the interior light (16).

Jim
narino
Bpic - the numbers are wrong in that location. I had the same confusion when I received the diagram. When I get home I'll post my notes on what the correct numbers and labels should be.

*edit* Here are the errors I've caught so far on my diagram, which is for 72-73 years.

Page 1/2

Light Switch:
- Wire from pin 15 missing wire number 14 at end.

- Wire from pin 58a wrong wire number at end (51). Should be 62.

Page 2/2

Relay for Fresh Air:
- Wire to pin 86 should be RD/WH, also missing wire number 14 at end.

Heating Lever Light:
- Brown wire number wrong (61). Should be 64.

Hope that helps.
GregAmy
Here's a link to the factory diagrams:

http://web.archive.org/web/20120325182607/...al_diagrams.htm
tmc914

Page 1/2
Light Switch:
Page 2/2
Relay for Fresh Air:
Heating Lever Light:
Hope that helps.

Yes, this info helps a lot. Struggled with those errors early on but someone was able to help with a current diagram to bail me out. Hopefully others will see this in time so they don't struggle with errors on diagram.
BPic
QUOTE(narino @ Apr 21 2019, 08:30 PM) *

Bpic - the numbers are wrong in that location. I had the same confusion when I received the diagram. When I get home I'll post my notes on what the correct numbers and labels should be.

*edit* Here are the errors I've caught so far on my diagram, which is for 72-73 years.

Page 1/2

Light Switch:

Page 2/2

Relay for Fresh Air:

Heating Lever Light:

Hope that helps.

Huh. Guess I didn’t even think that the diagram could be wrong. This is starting to make sense since all the items you pointed I had notes to double check because they just didn’t make sense.
Thank you.
Tbrown4x4
I also found some errors in the Prospero's diagram. I probably should let them know so they can be corrected.
Probably the same as narino found.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.