Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Louvered panel install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trevor Gates
I’ve been meaning to share these pics as a small how to on installing this panel from Patrick Motorsports. https://patrickmotorsports.com/collections/...9146l-vrpan-pmp

A friend and neighbor has a 914 and I installed one in his car and he told a friend about it, except his friend wanted to add more lovers, so sure, let’s do it. Click to view attachment
Trevor Gates
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Trevor Gates
The spacing of the louvers is 42mm’s. I cut the front and back panel to weld them together to maintain the 42mm spacing so it would look like one panel. I also joined them this way to reduce the amount of TIG welding required.

Trevor Gates
Trevor Gates
Previous hole was already in the floor, blue dykem layout fluid used so I could scribe my line to cut the hole. Click to view attachment
Trevor Gates
Click to view attachment
Trevor Gates
TIG welded in. At this point you can either sand down the weld bead with some 80 grit or leave as is and undercoat. If anyone has any questions please ask. I’m all about using forums to share information!

Click to view attachment
Steve
Thanks Trevor!! Awesome work and thanks for sharing. That was my 914. I wanted the extra louvers for an AC condenser.
Click to view attachment
I just got the car back from the body shop for a color change!!
maf914
Steve,

Do you have a front mounted oil cooler under that duct? I was wondering where the cooling air for the AC condenser comes from. Is there additional ducting that is not obvious in the photo?
Trevor Gates
Hey Steve! Thanks! Congrats on the paint job.
Steve
QUOTE(maf914 @ Apr 23 2019, 09:28 AM) *

Steve,

Do you have a front mounted oil cooler under that duct? I was wondering where the cooling air for the AC condenser comes from. Is there additional ducting that is not obvious in the photo?

Yes there is a PMS oil cooler under the shroud. I shortened the shroud so the air exits underneath in front of the condenser. For the condenser, the air enters through the front holes on each side of the shroud. I use the tire board on top of the shroud to force the air through the condenser. The oil cooler has fans and a thermostat. The condenser also has its own fan. I have not plumbed the AC yet, so we will see how well it works... I have a Benling DC Compressor and small evaporator for the console.
Steve
QUOTE(Trevor Gates @ Apr 23 2019, 09:40 AM) *

Hey Steve! Thanks! Congrats on the paint job.

Thanks Trevor!! Taking the car to bare metal, I couldn't resist changing the color.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.