Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Front suspension/brakes upgrade.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914Toy
FS: Upgrade your front suspension with later model 914 Bogey struts (wedge bolt), with Bilstein inserts, rotors drilled for and with 5 lugs pressed in, along with BMW 320i calipers with good brake pads. Just removed from my car to install 911 SC struts, hubs, rotors and calipers. All of these items (see pic) are in excellent condition - bearings, inserts, calipers and pads only have about 3,000 miles on them, and this package includes all the bolts, nuts, washers and short hard brake lines for installation
$400 plus shipping from S. Cal - can pack in a plastic carton for shipping.Click to view attachment

SOLD.
914Toy
QUOTE(914Toy @ May 5 2019, 12:25 PM) *

FS: Upgrade your front suspension with later model 914 Bogey struts (wedge bolt), with Bilstein inserts, rotors drilled for and with 5 lugs pressed in, along with BMW 320i calipers with good brake pads. Just removed from my car to install 911 SC struts, hubs, rotors and calipers. All of these items (see pic) are in excellent condition - bearings, inserts, calipers and pads only have about 3,000 miles on them, and this package includes all the bolts, nuts, washers and short hard brake lines for installation
$400 plus shipping from S. Cal - can pack in a plastic carton for shipping.Click to view attachment

New price $400 plus shipping.
betz
Can I run these on an early model? Also I'm guessing I can just run stock 4 lug by using my own hubs & rotors?
Tdskip
Believe so but get a 2nd opinion.

Seller is a good guy BTW.
914Toy
QUOTE(betz @ May 8 2019, 09:29 AM) *

Can I run these on an early model? Also I'm guessing I can just run stock 4 lug by using my own hubs & rotors?

The early type strut had a "squeeze" bolt to secure the ball joint to the bottom of the strut. The later models have a wedge bolt which is more secure - preferred. Thus you will like these struts. The rotor/hub is one piece and is the 914 type, just drilled with 5 studs pressed in. Thus your stock rotors/hubs will fit these struts. the BMW brake calipers are considered an upgrade and will work with the stock 17 mm or the larger 19 mm master cylinder. I have 19 mm master cylinder.

So short answer, yes beerchug.gif
914Toy
QUOTE(914Toy @ May 8 2019, 12:05 PM) *

The early type strut had a "squeeze" bolt to secure the ball joint to the bottom of the strut. The later models have a wedge bolt which is more secure - preferred. Thus you will like these struts. The rotor/hub is one piece and is the 914 type, just drilled with 5 studs pressed in. Thus your stock rotors/hubs will fit these struts. the BMW brake calipers are considered an upgrade and will work with the stock 17 mm or the larger 19 mm master cylinder. I have 19 mm master cylinder.

I now have a commitment from a local fellow to purchase this complete lot this Saturday. Will repost of deal falls through.
betz
QUOTE(914Toy @ May 8 2019, 06:51 PM) *

I now have a commitment from a local fellow to purchase this complete lot this Saturday. Will repost of deal falls through.

Let me know. I will be in So cal the weekend of the 25th but otherwise It would be shipping to Nor Cal. I'm interested either way, though.
914Toy
QUOTE(betz @ May 9 2019, 01:44 PM) *

QUOTE(914Toy @ May 8 2019, 06:51 PM) *

Let me know. I will be in So cal the weekend of the 25th but otherwise It would be shipping to Nor Cal. I'm interested either way, though.

Will do.
KevinP
if the deal falls, let me know. I'll take em.
914Toy
These are Sold.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.