Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1.7 Timing Help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tvdinnerbythepool
Hey all,
I'm timing my 1.7l Djet. I pulled the vacuum hoses off the distributor canister. Do I block the hoses or do I block the 2 vacuum ports on the distributor? Or both?
Thanks! -Rob
mark04usa
Just plug the vacuum hoses with golf tees or similar...not the dist. vac/retard ports. Set dwell first at 44-50 deg, then set timing at the 27btdc mark at 3500 RPM if it is a stock setup. beerchug.gif
tvdinnerbythepool
QUOTE(mark04usa @ May 10 2019, 05:50 PM) *

Just plug the vacuum hoses with golf tees or similar...not the dist. vac/retard ports. Set dwell first at 44-50 deg, then set timing at the 27btdc mark at 3500 RPM if it is a stock setup. beerchug.gif

Thank you!!
Dave_Darling
It's not actually necessary to do that on a D-jet car, but it's a good habit to get into because it is absolutely critical to do in some other cars.

--DD
mark04usa
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ May 10 2019, 09:50 PM) *

It's not actually necessary to do that on a D-jet car, but it's a good habit to get into because it is absolutely critical to do in some other cars.

--DD

Actually, the procedure I noted is by the book. As I understand, disabling the vac. advance by pulling the vac line is necessary so that only centrifugal advance is in play while setting timing. driving.gif
Dave_Darling
Oops. I meant plugging the lines. That part isn't necessary but is good practice. Disconnecting them is necessary.

Sorry for not being clear.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.