Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 1.8 FI fuel pump not working
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
John90290
Putting car back together after rebuild. Ran before I took it apart. Ran through the checklists I’ve found online so relay board is good. Pump works when I put yellow wire from 12 pin connector on terminal III so wiring to pump is good. What I don’t get is the 1.5 second run time when I turn the key or have pump running when I crank motor. No 1.5 on terminal 87 when I turn key on either. Check list says bad relay but I replaced with one from headlights that I know works. Stuck.

I used this checklist.

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/zTN_FI_FPChecklist2.pdf
jim912928
Pump won’t turn on unless the air intake flapper (not sure that is what it is called) in the AFM opens with the intake of air when cranking. It may be stuck from sitting. Take the air filter off and prop open that flapper then give it a crank. This is specific to l-jet. Had the same issue with my 75 1.8l.
914fahrer
If the car is original ,you have a l-jetronic not a D-jetronic.Use a checklist for the l-jetronic.I would check first the dual relay, it is under the Battery if I remember me correct.
John90290
QUOTE(914fahrer @ May 19 2019, 12:30 PM) *

If the car is original ,you have a l-jetronic not a D-jetronic.Use a checklist for the l-jetronic.I would check first the dual relay, it is under the Battery if I remember me correct.

That explains a lot. Tried testing the relay but went ahead and bought a new on. The 40 year old one looks pretty bad. I will let you know what happens.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.