Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: While we are on the topic of injectors!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jonathan Livesay
In my box of spare FI parts I notice that I have 3 75-76 injectors (0 280 150 038) and 1 73-74 injector (0 280 150 019). Since all the stuff I have came with a 74 2.0 car or a 75 2.0 car this makes me wonder what I have on the motor in the running car. All the other components are correct for the 74. Does anyone know if there is a functional difference between the 038 and the 019 injectors and if this might cause the very minor idle issues I am still having even after chasing down just about every other possibility? That is if I in fact do have 3 019 and 1 038 injectors on the running motor.
914Sixer
Maybe Jeff B will chime in here. To the best of my knowledge they both operate at the same pressure. They should be interchangeable.
Jonathan Livesay
@jeffbowlsby ?
JeffBowlsby
Same-same. One possible difference that someone else mentioned was the notion that the later version may have a higher heat treated pintle to better withstand the higher head heats of the 75-76 cars. While plausible its only speculation.

Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jun 3 2019, 07:56 AM) *

Same-same. One possible difference that someone else mentioned was the notion that the later version may have a higher heat treated pintle to better withstand the higher head heats of the 75-76 cars. While plausible its only speculation.

Thank you! beerchug.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
AS usual Jeff, the man, comes through. I have always wondered the difference as well, thinking that the late model injectors were leaner, to control emissions, but obviously no t so

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jun 3 2019, 07:56 AM) *

JeffBowlsby
Aw shucks George....you've forgotten more than I will ever pretend to know about 914s...but thanks for the kudos.
914Sixer
As a side bar note, all 5 of the 038 injectors I have the boots are mounted side ways, not up and down like the 019. Replaced them with new AA high pressure formed boots.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.