Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Fuel Line Size
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
exsurfer
What are the factory fuel lines sizes on a 914-6, I can't find fuel section on PET 5

Had the orig. fuel pump serviced what to refresh the orig. lines.

Thanks
Mark Henry
The weber barbs are 8mm, 5/16" fuel hose works.
Not sure on the pump, I have a conversion.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(exsurfer @ Jun 15 2019, 10:10 AM) *

Had the orig. fuel pump serviced what to refresh the orig. lines.

I recommend against using the cloth braided hose, what's available is total stromberg.gif

I use FI hose rated SAE J30R9 or higher and FI clamps, better safe than sorry.
gereed75
If you are talking tank to engine bay lines through tunnel, the SS lines provided by tangerine work fine, not sure of size. Not anything unusual.

Agree with Mark n hose type
exsurfer
Thanks!

I'm looking for factory replacement as the car is bone stock w 80K miles. Been in
my garage for over ten years. I want the original lines replaced. There is no need for
high pressure F.I. lines. Using a stock pump that was recently service. It is my understanding the supply line from the tank is larger than the output line and the return line. I can't find 914-6 fuel diagrams anywere. This car is not on PET 5 that I can find.

Thanks
porschetub
QUOTE(exsurfer @ Jun 16 2019, 05:43 AM) *

Thanks!

I'm looking for factory replacement as the car is bone stock w 80K miles. Been in
my garage for over ten years. I want the original lines replaced. There is no need for
high pressure F.I. lines. Using a stock pump that was recently service. It is my understanding the supply line from the tank is larger than the output line and the return line. I can't find 914-6 fuel diagrams anywere. This car is not on PET 5 that I can find.

Thanks

F.I. hose is more durable and all I will use,basic hose seems to degrade faster with modern fuel from personal experience,the price difference means nothing from a safety point of view,you have a valuble car besides.
I bought quality fabric covered hose but won't fit it after reading issues with it,do use the F.I.clamps as mentioned ,worries me to see many people don't sad.gif .
johnhora
914-6 Fuel Pump
(S) Suction ....fuel tank to fuel pump OD 10mm
(D) Discharge..fuel pump to carbs OD 8mm
® Return......fuel pump to fuel tank OD 8mm

Original Plastic Lines... small line (return) 8mm....large line (suction) 10mm

As mentioned the SS lines provided by tangerine are excellent.
I used them to replace the aging plastic in my original 914-6...perfect fit.

I purchased fuel hose here:
https://www.belmetric.com/metric-hoses-c-14/
you can get OEM type fuel braided or smooth that are Multi-Fuel Hose-Ethanol Approved
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.