Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for GoldWing airbox on dellorto photos
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MarkV
I was going to do it and bought a set on ebay. Never pulled the trigger because they are huge and I don't want to lose my rain tray. They also won't work with my throttle linkage.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=194570&hl=
wes
Try again! I’ve got a set of GoldWing airbox’s to quite my Dellorto’s down a bit and found an older thread on it hear. My problem is that the linkage on my setup is backwards to the photo in the thread I was going by as my linkage is in front and higher and in the way, first photo is mine.

Click to view attachment

next photo from previous thread

Click to view attachment

Any advice and or photos would be great. I might add I don’t mess with carbs and to my knowledge the Dellorto’s are perfectly adjusted not by me.
thelogo
QUOTE(wes @ Jun 18 2019, 01:24 PM) *

Try again! I’ve got a set of GoldWing airbox’s to quite my Dellorto’s down a bit and found an older thread on it hear. My problem is that the linkage on my setup is backwards to the photo in the thread I was going by as my linkage is in front and higher and in the way, first photo is mine.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Any advice and or photos would be great. I might add I don’t mess with carbs and to my knowledge the Dellorto’s are perfectly adjusted not by me.

Lose the rain train

If you want the intake silencers smoke.gif
wes
QUOTE(thelogo @ Jun 18 2019, 08:09 PM) *

QUOTE(wes @ Jun 18 2019, 01:24 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Lose the rain train

If you want the intake silencers smoke.gif

Have no idea what you’re referring to “rain train”.
rhodyguy
I think 'tray'. confused24.gif The one under the lid. That style of throttle cable holder limits the direction of carb installation.
7TPorsh
Hi Wes, here's my original thread: GoldWing
wes
Rain tray, Auto spell check! I haven’t used a rain tray since early 80’s on my first 914. I have a GT lid no rain tray, it’s a little fat Preformance stroker and precautions have been addressed for heating when driving hard in the mountains near our home. So between the stroker sucking through the Dellorto’s the GT lid and a plastic rear window with the top off plus most likely my old abused ears, i looked at means to make her sing with a little less volume. Even though I love the sound driving a little hard on a warmer day for any length of time gets a bit old.
So as to putting this together I’ve found I can flip the air cleaner base plate and replace the crossbar in the rear rather than the front setting the crossbar lower allowing room for the new airbox. On the way!Click to view attachment
wes
Hi Gary, you’re article was what got me looking at this sound volume solution so when oddly enough the airbox soddenly were available I jumped on it, thanks
ValcoOscar
I like this Airbox set up (for my weber 44's) but a bit much $$$ for me.

Maybe they can work with Dellorto carbs???

Click to view attachment

http://kaefer.motor-sport-service.de/html/...ranlagen_5.html

Oscar
wes
Well it’s done and the volume is much better besides the fact it’s a deeper better sound.
Rather than setting up the linkage in the rear as I was going to do I flipped the filter baseplate over allowing room for the airbox but first had to cut away a small section too clear the carb circled in red in the first photo. Next cut the threaded linkage rod for each carb and adjust them. The one airbox was just rubbing on the engine lid a bit so ground the frame a little to clear and done. Much better sound!Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
wes
I think it looks like it belongs there and I’m very satisfied. Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.