Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche 914 Gathering September 15 El Segundo California
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
pete000
Like the song says Left my wallet in El Segundo"
jim_hoyland
405 Traffic Alert for Sunday:
The 405 will close in both directions between Brookhurst and Warner from 11pm Sat to 9:00am Sunday
MATCHBOX914
Here Ya go!Click to view attachment
drem914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 13 2019, 06:10 AM) *

The 405 will close in both directions between Brookhurst and Warner from 11pm Sat to 9:00am Sunday

Not again.
@Jim_Hoyland , is this every weekend for night time const.?
Steve
QUOTE(drem914 @ Sep 13 2019, 08:27 AM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 13 2019, 06:10 AM) *

Not again.
@Jim_Hoyland , is this every weekend for night time const.?

Like last time.... I will take I5 north to the 22 west to the Ayers Hotel
jim_hoyland
At least it will be open for your return trip.... smile.gif
914Toy
I will take your advice Steve.
HIPPIEKILLER
On my way!
Steve
Nice to see everyone!! Did anyone take any pictures? Lol
drem914
A few early shoots
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

By 11AM, 30-35 914s had come and gone. Not sure what was the final count.
It was good to see some old and new faces. Shout out to Scott for the original '75 marketing brochure.
Steve
Margie, Paul and I went in for Ice Cream. When we came out our two cars were the only two left. Did everyone go out to lunch?
drem914
QUOTE(Steve @ Sep 15 2019, 01:26 PM) *

Margie, Paul and I went in for Ice Cream. When we came out our two cars were the only two left. Did everyone go out to lunch?

When Keith and I were leaving, I went looking for you to say goodbye and couldn't find you. Now I know where you were.
SKL1
Thought about staying around for this but just the traffic trying to get into the LA for the Rare Shades 4 event on Saturday cured me of staying in the area any longer.
Pete Stout put together an amazing collection of 914's for the Rare Shades event on 9/14 including a great panel discussion including Alan Johnson and several others.

I believe a lady in the back in a wheel chair was the 101 year old original owner of the first 914 sold in LA which was on display. Almost a clone of my car, silver with the aftermarket American mags, which I had before I converted to a 6 suspension with Fuchs.

And the first 916 prototype (Brutus) built for the Piech family!!

Nicely done Pete!!Click to view attachment
oldschool
Click to view attachment
oldschool
Click to view attachment
oldschool
Click to view attachment
oldschool
Click to view attachment
914SIXXation
QUOTE(oldschool @ Sep 16 2019, 01:04 AM) *

Thanks to everyone for sharing their photos of the special 914 on 9/14 gathering at the Automobile Driving Museum in El Segundo. A special thanks to David Esparza for organizing this event.

It was so great seeing 34 914s show up to celebrate 9/14 and we loved browsing and looking at all of the cars and chatting with some of the owners. Refreshing ice cream in the Museum's Ice Cream Parlor was quite a treat too.

I'm sorry for this late posting of photos but I just this morning finished posting a lot more photos on the 000 Rare Shades event (go to post started by Andy titled: rarest 914,s @A+d Museum, on display rare 914's on display) and now was able to organize the El Segundo photos.

Enjoy!
Margie & Paul
driving-girl.gif piratenanner.gif

So, here they are:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.