jim_hoyland
What is the metric size of the trailing Arm bolts, the ones that hold the shims
Who sell these ?
mepstein
2 Hexagon-head bolt
M 10 X 55 - 6 - 900 074 192 01

Any fastener place should have them.

Use a site like this - https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/pet/porsche/914/570u/
to look up parts. It's setup very easy to find even the small nuts and bolts.
914fahrer
The size M10x55 is correct but the they have a higher grade 10.9 are the right bolt´s
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I agree, have to be a higher grade since they are for the suspension, also sometimes when getting rid of neg camber without replacing springs, some use longer bolts to compensate for the excessive number of shims!!!!!!!! (not a good idea)

QUOTE(914fahrer @ Jul 10 2019, 12:06 PM) *

The size M10x55 is correct but the they have a higher grade 10.9 are the right bolt´s

Ed_Turbo
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 10 2019, 11:18 AM) *

2 Hexagon-head bolt

Nice link dude, I am saving this for the Jedi Archives.

Grab a screw chart plate online or at the hardware store, they are very handy for any job.

Some guys here plate them if you are going straight to Pebble Beach.

-The real Eddie
mepstein
QUOTE(Ed_Turbo @ Jul 10 2019, 03:41 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 10 2019, 11:18 AM) *

2 Hexagon-head bolt

Nice link dude, I am saving this for the Jedi Archives.

Grab a screw chart plate online or at the hardware store, they are very handy for any job.

Some guys here plate them if you are going straight to Pebble Beach.

-The real Eddie

smile.gif
John
I use very long bolts and double nut them on the top of the console. This accomplishes two things. (1) They never get loose, (2) This keeps junk and debris from entering the open tube where the short bolts seat and prevents rust (my plastic caps were long gone 20 years ago).

I am using grade 12.9 socket head cap screws from McMaster Carr.
jim_hoyland
Thanks for that info; I assume the pitch is 1.5 ?
Larmo63
Jim, Bruce Stone should have this stuff in bulk and he may even have them plated up all pretty.
mepstein
As Ed turbo said - get a screw chart. They are $1 at the hardware store and very useful.
Maltese Falcon
Always good to run a tap up in the threaded area, clear out the debri that will usually work its way down into the new bolt you are installing...
914 Ranch
Jim, Hillco Fasteners has everything you will ever need. In Garden Grove near Brookhurst and Sanford.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jul 10 2019, 06:32 PM) *

Always good to run a tap up in the threaded area, clear out the debri that will usually work its way down into the new bolt you are installing...

Yes !
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(914 Ranch @ Jul 10 2019, 07:07 PM) *

Jim, Hillco Fasteners has everything you will ever need. In Garden Grove near Brookhurst and Sanford.

Thanks Joe, that is a great store, will hit it.... smile.gif
914werke
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 10 2019, 07:09 PM) *

Yes !

there were OE plastic plugs that should have been in the top of those holes to prevent this.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(914werke @ Jul 10 2019, 08:41 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 10 2019, 07:09 PM) *

Yes !

there were OE plastic plugs that should have been in the top of those holes to prevent this.

Still have these OE caps ( cap-plug-like) things in place on our 3 914s ; still had 40 years worth of fine dirt in the threads. When I started to ruin one of the threads during an R+R...I decided to use the tap method.
banananose914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 10 2019, 11:14 AM) *

Who sell these ?

Hey Jim. We”re going to work on Cairo”s car on Sunday. Leave me a number via a PM and I’ll hook you up with some plated, original bolts. Bring the one you have to match them up. Jim
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(banananose914 @ Jul 10 2019, 10:20 PM) *

Who sell these ?

Hey Jim. We”re going to work on Cairo”s car on Sunday. Leave me a number via a PM and I’ll hook you up with some plated, original bolts. Bring the one you have to match them up. Jim

Thanks smile.gif But I can't change them out at this time.It's going to be a project this fall...
mepstein
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 11 2019, 07:30 AM) *

QUOTE(banananose914 @ Jul 10 2019, 10:20 PM) *

Who sell these ?

Thanks smile.gif But I'm not going to change them out at this time.

They are less than a dollar through the big suppliers and available all the time.
jim_hoyland

Still have these OE caps ( cap-plug-like) things in place on our 3 914s ; still had 40 years worth of fine dirt in the threads. When I started to ruin one of the threads during an R+R...I decided to use the tap method.

I want to source these too; any sources ?
mepstein
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 11 2019, 09:00 AM) *

I want to source these too; any sources ?

You can take a used bolt, grind a slot down the side and make a thread chaser.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.