Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FI Wiring Harness Routing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tvdinnerbythepool
Can someone post a pic of the proper way to route the FI wiring harness? Over/under what components?
Got my new one hooked up from Mr. Bowlsby but it seems like the distributor hook up is pulling a little so I'm guessing I've routed the wires the wrong way.
Thx all!

Side note...I HATE THE FUEL HOSES UNDER THE TANK, WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASSSSSS!!!!! mad.gif
jim_hoyland

Side note...I HATE THE FUEL HOSES UNDER THE TANK, WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASSSSSS!!!!! mad.gif

Many have made those under tank hoses long enough such that the tank can be lifted out with hoses sttached, then set on a padded fender, then work with the hoses.
Just gotta have an empty tank..... smile.gif
Superhawk996
I took pictures of routing on my 2.0l

Not up on my thread but I’ll post to this one late today unless someone can get up sooner
tvdinnerbythepool
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jul 14 2019, 03:45 AM) *

I took pictures of routing on my 2.0l

Not up on my thread but I’ll post to this one late today unless someone can get up sooner

Thank you!!
Superhawk996
Hmm. Not exactly crystal clear but hopefully it helps. My engine is 2.0L so not sure about applicability to other variants.

main harness routes in along passenger side. Goes to rear tin.

Distributor take out spits out to rear of the tin on the passenger side of the air plenum. routes under the plenum runners.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

tvdinnerbythepool
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jul 14 2019, 01:26 PM) *

Hmm. Not exactly crystal clear but hopefully it helps. My engine is 2.0L so not sure about applicability to other variants.

main harness routes in along passenger side. Goes to rear tin.

Distributor take out spits out to rear of the tin on the passenger side of the air plenum. routes under the plenum runners.

Thank you very much! I appreciate the response
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.