Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 2.0L Fuel Injector Leak Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rsjg911
Hi Guys:

One of my 1974 2.0L fuel injectors is leaking. The injectors are original to the car which has 58,xxx miles on it.

I replaced the inner and outer valve seats (seals) and upon starting the car I noticed a very fine spray coming out of the top of the outer seat/seal. I was wondering if there might be a very small crack in the injector allowing this seepage.

My question is, do I need a new fuel injector?

If you do recommend a replacement fuel injector, which brand do you recommend? I have seen lots of Standard Motor Products FJ67s for sale. Are they reliable?

Lastly, for my car, are the following part numbers interchangeable: 039 906 031 vs 039 906 031 A?

Thank you so much and Keep 'em on the Road! beerchug.gif

Ron
Rsjg911
QUOTE(Rsjg911 @ Jul 15 2019, 03:52 AM) *

Hi Guys:

One of my 1974 2.0L fuel injectors is leaking. The injectors are original to the car which has 58,xxx miles on it.

I replaced the inner and outer valve seats (seals) and upon starting the car I noticed a very fine spray coming out of the top of the outer seat/seal. I was wondering if there might be a very small crack in the injector allowing this seepage.

If you do recommend a replacement fuel injector, which brand do you recommend? I have seen lots of Standard Motor Products FJ67s for sale. Are they reliable?

Lastly, for my car, are the following part numbers interchangeable: 039 906 031 vs 039 906 031 A?

Ron

mtndawg
I’ve had injectors cleaned and tested by fuel injection Corp and WitchHunter performance. Give one of them a call and they can help.
mepstein
If it’s the injector and not the seal or hose, toss it. It’s trash.
porschetub
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 16 2019, 06:12 AM) *

agree.gif
Rsjg911
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 15 2019, 02:12 PM) *

Thank you my friend. I suspect you are right so I purchased a new injector. It should arrive tomorrow.
piratenanner.gif
Rsjg911
QUOTE(porschetub @ Jul 15 2019, 07:29 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 16 2019, 06:12 AM) *

agree.gif

Thanks!! beerchug.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
if leaking between the green and black part of the body, it will need to be rebuilt. If leaking at the hose or crimped hose fitting, you can easily clip off the fitting and install a new bent hose. Fuel injection can rebuild them easily

QUOTE(Rsjg911 @ Jul 15 2019, 12:52 AM) *

Hi Guys:

Ron

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.