Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1971 Bumper removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
advman89
I need to remove my front bumper...it is as simple as unbolting from the wheel well arches? Been looking for some instruction, but it might be one of those overly simple things I'm just missing.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
turn the wheel all the way to the right then look in front of the left front wheel and see the two 13mm headed bolts and unscrew, then turn the wheel all of the way to the left and look in front of the left front tire and unscrew the two 13mm headed bolts while an assistant cradles the bumper. Then just move it away from the body, the rubber dog bones may be taped to the bumper or loose and fall down. You may need to squirt the bolts with wd40 or pb blaster first

QUOTE(advman89 @ Jul 19 2019, 07:22 AM) *

I need to remove my front bumper...it is as simple as unbolting from the wheel well arches? Been looking for some instruction, but it might be one of those overly simple things I'm just missing.

advman89
Perfect. I'll give em a squirt of oil tonight...not sure if it's ever been removed and there is a lot of crud built up there.

Thank you again!!

90quattrocoupe
When you put them back, coat the threads of the bolts and the inside of the dog bones with copper slip.

Greg W.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.