Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74 L-Jet dies on braking
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Halfnelson
My 74 L-Jet has always behaved. Recently had all fuel hoses and injector seals replaced. Starts and idles well. Runs well. However when hot it dies when braking. Put the clutch in needle drops but rather than stopping at about 7-800rpm, it continues dropping to zero. It I toe heel and keep the revs up, it will then idle. Any ideas appreciated, Thanks Chris
JeffBowlsby
Did you replace your clutch cable recently and get it wrapped around the accelerator cable in the center tunnel?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
sounds like a vacuum leak, maybe the decel valve is no longer connected. I would start by examining all of the hoses and boots to make sure all are firmly connected. Also make sure that the air flow meter flap has not started sticking when hot and that the points dwell is 50

QUOTE(Halfnelson @ Jul 20 2019, 07:00 AM) *

My 74 L-Jet has always behaved. Recently had all fuel hoses and injector seals replaced. Starts and idles well. Runs well. However when hot it dies when braking. Put the clutch in needle drops but rather than stopping at about 7-800rpm, it continues dropping to zero. It I toe heel and keep the revs up, it will then idle. Any ideas appreciated, Thanks Chris

Halfnelson
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Jul 20 2019, 03:18 PM) *

Did you replace your clutch cable recently and get it wrapped around the accelerator cable in the center tunnel?

Did just replace speedo cable?
Halfnelson
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jul 20 2019, 04:05 PM) *

sounds like a vacuum leak, maybe the decel valve is no longer connected. I would start by examining all of the hoses and boots to make sure all are firmly connected. Also make sure that the air flow meter flap has not started sticking when hot and that the points dwell is 50

Thanks - I'll check those now. Only really an issue as it gets hotter - would a sticking air flow flap need replacing or is there something that can be done to rectify?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.