Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Morph914
I’m thinking about purchasing a Sachs disc and pressure plate, as well as a lightened (13 lbs) flywheel from a seller on Craigslist. The parts are all new in boxes, he ended up selling the car before he had a chance to install. I’m fine with the Sachs parts but the flywheel is from European Motorworks in Hawthorne CA.
What are the pros and cons of a lightened flywheel. And does anyone have experience with this specific flywheel?

Thanks in advance for any input,
John
porschetub
Sell it to a racer,keep full weight for a street car ok.
JamesM
Pros = Less rotating mass, allows quicker change in RPM/better throttle response

Cons = In theory less mass to the flywheel makes getting off the line more difficult, in practice though I have not noticed it.

EWM took the flywheel on mine down to around 12lbs if i recall. I like it and wouldn't worry about running it on a street car.
Morph914
Thanks for the input, I am leaning towards the purchase of the lightened flywheel, disc and pressure plate.
The current plan is to build my 1.7 to a 2056, and this will be a Sunday, fair weather car, so I should be fine.
Cheers,
John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.