Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why a 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
phantom914
QUOTE (Hawktel @ Jun 28 2005, 11:00 AM)
........... sold it for 1500 to a redneck from idaho, and used the cash to get the GF a boob job.

..............Realizing that 914's are for midgets.........

So when will you have the money to do the other boob? huh.gif

So a midget is anybody under 6'5'', 250? blink.gif

Andrew
redshift
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Jun 28 2005, 02:12 PM)
I went almost 13 years without a 914 until about 4 years ago when I bought a clean 1974 914 1.8 sight unseen off ebay. Flew out to Georgia and drove the car back to California.

BASTARD! STOP DRIVING GOOD ONES WEST!

IT'S ALL GRANT'S FAULT!

mad.gif
johnmhudson111
I can blame my dad 100%. I was determined to buy this '69 Mustang Mach 1 when I turned 16 and my old man MADE me buy a 76 2.0 914. Life is soooooo rough. Had a great time blasting around in that car. Everytime I think about that car I kick myself for selling it.
John Hudson
Dr Evil
QUOTE (Hawktel @ Jun 28 2005, 12:00 PM)
sold it for 1500 to a redneck from idaho, and used the cash to get the GF a boob job.

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Joe Bob
Remember the last time we had a GF set of boobs on this list? Great fun.... headbang.gif
Dr Evil
no, remind/show me. idea.gif
Joe Bob
Can't they all got deleted by the poster..best ya get right now is my vatar.
phantom914
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jun 28 2005, 12:27 PM)
no, remind/show me. idea.gif

With or without arrows?

Andrew
Joe Bob
If ya gottem...sandbox em....
fadler1
Started in college with an MGB in 1970. An Indiana cop rammed me and cut the B in half. Always wanted Porsche so found a priest at University of Chicago with a 1972 1.7 for sale for $3000. Drive it long miles until Chicago rust ate through the lower beams in just a couple years and sold it to someone who wanted to restore it. Moved on to 1976 924, then 1987 924S, then onto 1989 951 Turbo, and finally on to an ebay 1998 Boxster I got from a broker that ran from the twin towers. Amazing how the Boxster is a the modern version of the 914.......................so found an estate sale where a 1971 914 1.7 had been stored from the original owner for 20 years and restored it. No rust.............just tons of rat poop. Now it is a way to go with Mr. Peabody into the "way back" machine. I still love the Boxster but there is room in my heart and always will be for the "first poor man's Porsche". By the way, check out the next "poor man's porsche" --- the Cayman, a hardtop Boxster.
grantsfo
QUOTE (redshift @ Jun 28 2005, 11:26 AM)
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Jun 28 2005, 02:12 PM)
I went almost 13 years without a 914 until about 4 years ago when I bought a clean 1974 914  1.8 sight unseen off ebay.  Flew out to Georgia and drove the car back to California.

IT'S ALL GRANT'S FAULT!

mad.gif

I stole it back. It was orignially a clean California/Las Vegas area car for 27 years biggrin.gif
Hawktel
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Jun 28 2005, 11:54 AM)
QUOTE (Hawktel @ Jun 28 2005, 12:00 PM)
sold it for 1500 to a redneck from idaho, and used the cash to get the GF a boob job.

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Sure she don't care.

Thoward914
I worked at a country club through highschool during the 80's. I had a Triumph Spitfire, fun car if you don't mind working on it every weekend. I learned a lot from rebuilding it's engine, transmission, and suspension. I always loved the look of the 911 and one day a club members took me for a ride in his new 911. I was hooked. 19 years later after many cars and a couple kids, I go out on ebay and buy a 85 black 911 targa. It needs some work so I head to the Internet to find Porsche resources. I find the PCA, I go to a new members party and meet some great people, Clay and Betty Perrine and many others. I learn about autocross, time trials, DE's and Club racing. I want to give it a try, but not in the 911 " the dream car ". I find a nice red 86 944. My wife likes it more than I do. I get the 944 and the wife claims it. So I start looking again, I had watched a couple autocrosses and decided that a 914 was the car to have. Back to ebay I find a car in Boise ID being sold by a PCA member. I now have a yellow 74 914 2.0 that was prep for PCA class 2. The only way to support this addiction is doing the wrenching myself and from the great information on this board. Clay keeps
telling me I need to put a six in the 914, and I tell him I have one in the 911. Yes, Clay's help is priceless. wavey.gif
bd1308
lol2.gif that other post didn't last long.
neo914-6
Got a German OGT mini-vette for my first car, sold it before going to college
in LA for an English JH convertible so I can fit in with SoCal, saw a V8 conversion
article and bought a non-running 914, installed a V8 which sat for most of 23 years,
planned to do a V6 conversion on the JH so I sold the aluminum twin Stromberg
engine to a rodder and eventually the body, bought an Italian mid-engine car with
a stinger, loved it but loved the reliability of my new Japanese Si more so I sold it,
traded the English twin cam mid-engine fiberglass LE for a vintage Italian twin cam,
Lucas FI, rust bucket with Borranis, it rusted more until I sold it to pay Brad to fix my
914 V8, and then got a 400hp 350 and full Renegade kit.................................................................................................................................
...............................................then I bought another to build a modern 914. smilie_pokal.gif
redshift
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Jun 28 2005, 10:06 PM)

IT'S ALL GRANT'S FAULT!

mad.gif [/QUOTE]
I stole it back.

Oh, well then, as long as you stole it..

M
Lou W
I got a ride in a /6 that was in my friends body shop in 1979, wow, it sure was sweet.

I helped a friend of mine do a V8 conversion on his teener in 1987, that was a blast to drive. Started thinking about getting one then.

My cousin owned a teener, had me strip the original paint, it was checking, and do a color change, that was in 1984. In 1992, he gave me the car in exchange for doing some remodeling at his house, he still thinks he got the better end of that deal. The car was sitting in my garage for about 12 years, I was thinking about selling it, but I started to feel guilty about tearing it down and not putting it back together, and selling it in pieces. So I found this place, got motivated to put it back together. I'm looking forward to letting my cousin take it for a spin when I get it back on the road again.
Dr. Roger
Geeeez, I still have never driven a 914 eventhough I 've had one for three months now.

Anyone think they handle decently? LOL
bd1308
they really handle very well....I don't have anything to properly compare it to, but it sure as hell handles WAY better than my mom's jag or my dad's land rover.

Let's not even discuss the Jeep.

seriously they handle very well.
MattR
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Jun 28 2005, 11:20 PM)
Geeeez, I still have never driven a 914 eventhough I 've had one for three months now.

Anyone think they handle decently? LOL

Im going on a year and a half wink.gif

Ive never driven my 914, but Ive driven a few others...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.