Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Case to Cylinder Sealing Ring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mblizzard
The PET shows a sealing ring between the case and the cylinder.

Anyone know where to get ones that will fit 102 mm cylinders?

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Cylinder manufacturer?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
JORGE rodriguez
european motorworks
13224 prairie ave

hawthorne, ca 90250
Mblizzard
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 22 2019, 12:58 PM) *

Cylinder manufacturer?

LN Nickies but don’t recall seeing them in kit. Will look again.
crash914
Rimco in Santa Ana Ca.
80’s old school
Use Indian Head Permatex. Don’t need spacers unless you are adjusting compression.
VaccaRabite
Those spacers are how you set you deck height and static CR. They are not sealing rings. You do 100% need them.

Zach
Mblizzard
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Jul 23 2019, 05:17 AM) *

Those spacers are how you set you deck height and static CR. They are not sealing rings. You do 100% need them.

Zach

Zach - Correct will be using them to set compression. Working with Len to cut the heads as well but just need to source the shims.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jul 23 2019, 09:22 AM) *

Zach

Zach - Correct will be using them to set compression. Working with Len to cut the heads as well but just need to source the shims.

Len does not have them? I would think that he would stock these for the Type4 Store.

If he does not have them, European Motor Works would have them.

Zach
crash914
LN also usually has some in stock.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Jul 23 2019, 06:04 AM) *

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jul 23 2019, 09:22 AM) *

Zach

Len does not have them? I would think that he would stock these for the Type4 Store.

If he does not have them, European Motor Works would have them.

Zach

Got the word from Len. Don't really need except to change compression. He will machine my heads to get the correct compression! Doesn't really get any better than that. He is also going to try to fast track my coating so I can keep the build on track!
Mark Henry
I'd still do all the CR and deck height checks.
102 cylinders are the same case and head bore as 103's, so the 103 spacer works.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jul 23 2019, 07:00 AM) *

I'd still do all the CR and deck height checks.
102 cylinders are the same case and head bore as 103's, so the 103 spacer works.

That is for sure on the deck height! too much $$ in this to have pistons meet valves!
porschetub
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Jul 24 2019, 01:17 AM) *

Zach

agree.gif ,European Motorworks only list up to 96mm fitment when I last checked.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.