Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-4 2.0 stainless muffler.. 1st production unit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Garland
I’ll be willing to meet up for a bolt on and a sound test. I should be done by the end of the week, so get well and we’ll make that sound clip.
frankieshooz
Woo Hoo! just ordered one of these beauties from Ben! hope to have it in a couple of weeks...will share experience with you all including sound clip on my totally original car...well I guess not totally original after I put this bad boy on...
Not_A_Six
QUOTE(frankieshooz @ Aug 13 2019, 08:23 AM) *

Woo Hoo! just ordered one of these beauties from Ben! hope to have it in a couple of weeks...will share experience with you all including sound clip on my totally original car...well I guess not totally original after I put this bad boy on...

+1

Ben's making me one too! I can't wait to fire it up. driving.gif
twistedstang
QUOTE(Garland @ Aug 12 2019, 09:40 PM) *

I’ll be willing to meet up for a bolt on and a sound test. I should be done by the end of the week, so get well and we’ll make that sound clip.

Whereabouts are you guys from in MI? I'm up in Lexington and would be game to meet up some day.
Superhawk996
I'm in Metro Detroit.

A little jacked up at the moment from surgeries but would definitely be interested in a local meet up.
mb911
Looks like 4 more mufflers worth of flanges.
Cairo94507
Hey Frankieshooz - Long time no see. Great choice- I am sure you will love Ben's work. His SS heat exchangers and muffler on my car will hopefully be exhaling exhaust very soon on my car.
frankieshooz
hi Michael been an ardent follower of your restoration thread..definitely looking forward to getting together with you soon...lots of stuff happening down the road for my car as I am following your lead and have made arrangements to get my car in the shop with Eric at PMB hopefully early next year!
mb911
A bunch of these will be done this week. Just got back from Nashville then have to paint James car and finish the mufflers.. Stay tuned.. Plan to ship Thursday the 1st batch..
mb911
Some of the orders getting ready to ship.. Click to view attachment
Not_A_Six
QUOTE(mb911 @ Aug 22 2019, 01:05 PM) *

Some of the orders getting ready to ship..

piratenanner.gif
Cairo94507
Man, those are beautiful. beerchug.gif
Not_A_Six
I've got mine mounted and it fits beautifully. biggrin.gif

I can't wait to fire it up and hear it. (Just finishing up an engine rebuild and haven't started it yet...)

I'll try to post a sound clip when I can.

Click to view attachment
bbrock
QUOTE(Not_A_Six @ Oct 4 2019, 09:34 PM) *

I've got mine mounted and it fits beautifully. biggrin.gif

I can't wait to fire it up and hear it. (Just finishing up an engine rebuild and haven't started it yet...)

I'll try to post a sound clip when I can.

popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
Triaddave
Great looking exhaust! very clean which I like. But I Haven't seen any price tags. What is the cost of this exhaust and how about shipping, me or you? I'm interested.
mb911
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=339869

Still running behind on parts on these.. The laser cutting is taking longer then expected. I want to get these out asap though.
Not_A_Six
Here's a sound clip as promised. I'm still tuning the the idle after an engine rebuild, but this should give a pretty good representation of the muffler's sound. It seems quieter than the Bursch that was on there before, but I'd have to hear them side by side to really compare.

Engine is the original '73 2.0L with stock FI. But, it's just been rebuilt, balanced and slightly bored w/ 96mm pistons giving about 2056cc displacement; cam is a Web Cam #73; solid lifters.

The engine work was done by Hersch Performance Racing AKA Hayden Lake Automotive. I'm pretty happy with their build. They even matched the valve spring rates as part of the balancing. smile.gif

[Sorry, video link broke...]

Positive and/or helpful comments are appreciated. Snarky remarks shall be tolerated. wink.gif
Cairo94507
I think it sounds good. Looking forward to hearing it once you have the engine all dialed in and broken in. I can't wait to hear Ben's SS heat exchangers and muffler on my car. beerchug.gif
Triaddave
I think it sounds great. The tail pipe fits the hole nicely. cool stuff!
914werke
Very throaty
mb911
Just a heads up.. Finally got word on laser cuts on these.. We are still 1.5-2 weeks out on making more of these but ready to start taking orders for those interested above a the few that have ordered already.
mb911
Those that ordered recently confused24.gif sort of as the parts were at the laser cutter for months the mufflers are done..
orthobiz
Quiet rules!

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.