Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Rear Blower Hose Lengths For Both Sides
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I have been doing some research on a product I found. I wanted blower hose material that closely represented the original plastic. Well I think I have found it , its made by Webasto the people that made the gas heaters for VW and Porsche. I have some coming in from Germany. Correct 55mm diameter, foil interior and black plastic outside. Rated for 250 degrees, overkill perhaps, but going for the look. Had to buy in bulk to get price down. Should have some to sell on a limited basis. Going to see how it works out.

German Hose not China
dr914@autoatlanta.com
that "stuff" is commonly available and we have the 55mm on the shelf. However the original blower hose was plastic with molded smooth ends to hold a hose clamp and was much more flexible than the part you pictured. Hence we use motormite brand hose and it seems to be suffice (of course does not perfectly resemble stock that is for sure

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 8 2019, 02:09 PM) *

I have been doing some research on a product I found. I wanted blower hose material that closely represented the original plastic. Well I think I have found it , its made by Webasto the people that made the gas heaters for VW and Porsche. I have some coming in from Germany. Correct 55mm diameter, foil interior and black plastic outside. Rated for 250 degrees, overkill perhaps. But going for the look. Had to buy in bulk to get price down. Should have some to sell on a limited basis. Going to see how it works out.

German Hose not China

76-914
Question; was it always the plastic hose or did earlier models use the foil lined hose??? confused24.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
always always plastic. The very early cars has a heat riser hose 55mm going into the air cleaner from a funnel on the rear sheetmetal for faster warm up. 70-72 had the top of the engine mounted blower fan with a short hose with two different sized openings and a long hose with the same sized openings. 73-early 75 had a body mounted fan with a short hose only with two same sized openings. The right j pipe was capped off. Late 75 and 76 had two hoses a long one (just like the earlier cars) and a short one, both connected to a branch on the blower
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 8 2019, 02:25 PM) *

Question; was it always the plastic hose or did earlier models use the foil lined hose??? confused24.gif

76-914
thumb3d.gif So noted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.