Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74 1.8L L jet tronic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zfisher6164
Looking to get more HP from a 1.8L L jet. Would like to keep fuel injection so going bigger then 2.0 maybe out of the question unless you guys have any other ideas
thanks
jim_hoyland
I did the 96mm P/C,1-2-3 distributer, and larger Vanagon throttle body.This was the least that would make a imorovement.
While at the recent Route 66 at Lake Havasu, Matty900 and a friend took my car out for a “test” drive. I think he could recommend further mods that would further performance.
IronHillRestorations
There's not a whole lot you can do with stock injection
jim_hoyland
Several years ago, I met a local teener that had a modified 1.8 L-Jet
Got to drive the car; it has serious pulling power. The owner sent me an email describing his mods, here is a copy of it.
**And, he had the Tangerine Exhaust....
jcd914
Stock L-jet will support an engine larger that 2.0L with just some larger injectors and some tuning. I have heard 2.2L but have not experience beyond 2056cc.

The 912E used L-jet on a stock 2.0L 914 engine.

Jim
Ed_Turbo
Nice info. Jim. I was about to say the exhaust system is restrictive and would help gain some ponies. If you notice the airbox intake is right in the middle of the engine, which is basically sucking in hot air (losing power). If you can re-route it to the grill like the non early 911’s do that will help.

-Ed
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Ed_Turbo @ Aug 9 2019, 05:51 PM) *

Nice info. Jim. I was about to say the exhaust system is restrictive and would help gain some ponies. If you notice the airbox intake is right in the middle of the engine, which is basically sucking in hot air (losing power). If you can re-route it to the grill like the non early 911’s do that will help.

-Ed

agree.gif the Exhaust is a limiting factor.
914Sixer
Use 2.0L throttle body from a VW Bus.
zfisher6164
Thanks Jim this is great info
dr914@autoatlanta.com
first thing is to check the compression adjust the valves and check for vacuum leaks, all three make the fuel injected 1.8 anemic. The only other thing that you can really do that is fairly easy is to install a 96 mm big bore 8.0 to one compression piston and cylinder kit. The heads are good as they sit

QUOTE(zfisher6164 @ Aug 9 2019, 12:28 PM) *

Looking to get more HP from a 1.8L L jet. Would like to keep fuel injection so going bigger then 2.0 maybe out of the question unless you guys have any other ideas
thanks

zfisher6164
Thanks Lionel and the fuchs I bought from you came out looking great after a polish
zac
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.