Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Incorrect Calipers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BENBRO02
My car is running calipers that require 2-1/8" spacers so that the Fuchs will clear the calipers. There is also a washer to move the calipers in slightly.Can anyone figure out which parts are non-original to my 75. I have another set of calipers that seem to be identical which leads me to believe that other parts may be non-original. What a mess! WTF.gif
sixnotfour
early rotors
BENBRO02
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Aug 10 2019, 02:36 PM) *

early rotors

Can I just buy late rotors or will the spindles and struts need to be changed?

Thanks
mepstein
QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Aug 10 2019, 02:56 PM) *

early rotors

Thanks

What struts do you have, early or late. Early will have a split between the bolt that holds in the balljoint shaft. Late has a wedge pin and no split.
BENBRO02
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 10 2019, 04:23 PM) *

early rotors

Thanks

What struts do you have, early or late. Early will have a split between the bolt that holds in the balljoint shaft. Late has a wedge pin and no split.

Looks like I have early struts, early rotors, and late calipers?Click to view attachment
BENBRO02
QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Aug 10 2019, 04:37 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 10 2019, 04:23 PM) *

early rotors

Thanks

Looks like I have early struts, early rotors, and late calipers?Click to view attachment

Is the easiest way to make it safe to buy early calipers and remove the spacers?
mepstein
At least now you know what you need to get back on track. Either early calipers or late struts, rotors and balljoints.

Always replace the rubber soft lines if you can't remember when you last changed them.
BENBRO02
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 10 2019, 04:52 PM) *

At least now you know what you need to get back on track. Either early calipers or late struts, rotors and balljoints.

Always replace the rubber soft lines if you can't remember when you last changed them.

I have braided stainless lines. How long do they last? I'm getting ready for the 1,000 mile trip to Okteenerfest with a stop in Gastonia to pick up my friend.

Thanks for the help
mepstein
QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Aug 10 2019, 05:04 PM) *

I have braided stainless lines. How long do they last? I'm getting ready for the 1,000 mile trip to Okteenerfest with a stop in Gastonia to pick up my friend.

Thanks for the help

The braided lines help keep the rubber from getting damaged on the outside but the problem is the rubber swells shut on the inside. So if it's been more than a couple years, it's a good idea to replace. The normal rubber ones are perfectly fine and about $10-12.
BENBRO02
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 10 2019, 05:17 PM) *

QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Aug 10 2019, 05:04 PM) *

Thanks for the help

The braided lines help keep the rubber from getting damaged on the outside but the problem is the rubber swells shut on the inside. So if it's been more than a couple years, it's a good idea to replace. The normal rubber ones are perfectly fine and about $10-12.

Thanks Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.