Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This Moved In Next Door
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BeatNavy
Click to view attachment

My neighbor just brought this over to visit today. His new '73 2.0 with appearance option, Saturn Yellow. Came from Colorado via Illinois, I believe. He let me drive it, and it runs great -- nice and smooth through the range, and the steering and suspension feel fresh. He's a real Porsche guy, but this is his first 914, and he's duly impressed.

I'm glad the neighborhood is heading in the right direction ... smile.gif

Cairo94507
Nice. beerchug.gif
mepstein
Congrats on your new house. Looks like you have some garage space to fill up.
Coondog
Property values just went up.... smile.gif
Larmo63
There goes the neighborhood.
orthobiz
Great color! Isn't this the same as Bliznik and Shea?

Paul
Minerva's 914
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Aug 26 2019, 06:16 PM) *

Click to view attachment

My neighbor just brought this over to visit today. His new '73 2.0 with appearance option, Saturn Yellow. Came from Colorado via Illinois, I believe. He let me drive it, and it runs great -- nice and smooth through the range, and the steering and suspension feel fresh. He's a real Porsche guy, but this is his first 914, and he's duly impressed.

SWEET aktion035.gif
FlacaProductions
Looks good - like the black trim and handles. Bumpers, too?
JmuRiz
Very cool, another DMV 914!
TJB/914
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Aug 26 2019, 08:31 PM) *

Great color! Isn't this the same as Bliznik and Shea?

Paul

Paul,
Yes, Saturn Yellow, also called Chrome Yellow w00t.gif
Great color pray.gif
Tom
horizontally-opposed
Seeing more and more longtime Porsche/911 owners come around to the 914, both four and six. And those who have are raving about the 914—both four and six—as though it's been a well-kept secret.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Aug 27 2019, 04:27 PM) *

Seeing more and more longtime Porsche/911 owners come around to the 914, both four and six. And those who have are raving about the 914—both four and six—as though it's been a well-kept secret.

It was a well kept secret for a long time. I fully believe that Porsche never wanted to allow the 914 to be developed to it's full potential lest it compete with the beloved 911. Arguably the same today with the Boxster & Cayman. It really is basic marketing philosophy at work. Protect your cash cow.

I'm torn on this. 914's were shunned for so long by the 911 crowd that I sort of resent them for how they treated us for so long, yet, at the same time, I think we need to joyfully welcome all to the cult.

It's just so sad that it took 911 owners so long to see what was obvious from the start via first principle physics. Mid engine potential > Rear Engine potential. shades.gif
iankarr
Here comes the neighborhood!
BeatNavy
QUOTE(cuddy_k @ Aug 27 2019, 09:21 PM) *

Here comes the neighborhood!

thumb3d.gif

House and neighborhood are great -- the cool neighbor with the Porsche addiction was a bonus!

QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 26 2019, 07:50 PM) *

Congrats on your new house. Looks like you have some garage space to fill up.

Thanks Mark et al. I do have some extra space, but I don't want to fill it just yet. Gotta work out some drainage issues and clean out a fair amount to get rid of mold and other things. On the plus side, I installed a new capacitor in the garage heat pump that probably hasn't run in 20 years, and now I have A/C and heat in there aktion035.gif

I also have a few major things I'm trying to get done on both the house and my driving teener, and right now that extra space is very helpful.
rnellums
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Aug 26 2019, 03:16 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I think I know that car, a friend of mine recently sold it to a dealer in Illinois, can you confirm the VIN?
BeatNavy
I will send it to you, as it’s temporarily “boarding” at my house (until he either opens of his garage bays or builds a new one). I did check and the VIN is not in the database best I can tell.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.