Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Base jetting for Alfa DRLA Dellorto 36's ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschetub
As above,stripped and serviced one of a pair today specs are ;
30mm vents,
52 idles,
mains are 122,
carbs dated 1984 in great condition,
Air correctors and pump jet are as they should be.
Think it will be ok for startup after rebuild but also thinking those mains are a little small ?
Motor is 1.8 high compression ,stock carb cam and Euro 2.0 bus heads flycut with larger valves.
TIA.
Click to view attachment
MarkV
Mains don't seem super small mine came with 122's.

34mm vents

60 idle jets

132 main jets

180 airs

driving-girl.gif
porschetub
Yes thanks ,think now the mains may be ok-ish considering what displacement difference between your motor and mine,now a bit unsure why all the AR carbs all have small idle jets ? I checked my other set (AF 33) which I believe are 32mm vents and the 135 mains make sense but the idles are still only # 52?.
These carbs appear to flow differently as they are a new design but a little confused24.gif .
Keen on more input,cheers.
MarkV
Mine came with 28mm vents and the 34's I put on it made a huge difference. I think I would stick with the 30's you have and see how it runs. When I originally set mine up I was clueless as to what to what jets to use. There is a guy in Italy that I found on Ebay that has an Ebay Dellorto parts store. He made some recommendations that worked out well.

https://www.ebay.com/str/ALFA1750S-CARBURET...=p2047675.l2563

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.