Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plugging away...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tjmrfe
Let this be a lesson to someone else...or, a quick rant to help ease the process.

after having finally gotten the motor up on a stand, and using heat to remove the tin screws...(thanks for all who chimed in to confirm that, on my last post)
I was taking the fan shroud apart to get to oil cooler....holy crap! Ya know....I’ll let you all in on a secret, reading the instructions after you do something, is humbling....in the tear down manual it states, “splitting fan housing is unnecessary, just removing fan and housing intact will allow access to oil cooler bolts”
.....sigh....so, the inside of my housing is nice and clean....lol....kinda as it was before...oh well...I suspect the reassembly process will be even more entertaining.

I’m happy to be using this rare 3 day weekend to enjoy car stuff, and not working OT to actually pay for the stuff I’m buying for it,
hope all of you guys are enjoying the same. Thanks for all the help along the way...
Tjmrfe
QUOTE(Tjmrfe @ Sep 2 2019, 12:59 PM) *

Let this be a lesson to someone else...or, a quick rant to help ease the process.

after having finally gotten the motor up on a stand, and using heat to remove the tin screws...(thanks for all who chimed in to confirm that, on my last post)
I was taking the fan shroud apart to get to oil cooler....holy crap! Ya know....I’ll let you all in on a secret, reading the instructions after you do something, is humbling....in the tear down manual it states, “splitting fan housing is unnecessary, just removing fan and housing intact will allow access to oil cooler bolts”
.....sigh....so, the inside of my housing is nice and clean....lol....kinda as it was before...oh well...I suspect the reassembly process will be even more entertaining.

I’m happy to be using this rare 3 day weekend to enjoy car stuff, and not working OT to actually pay for the stuff I’m buying for it,
hope all of you guys are enjoying the same. Thanks for all the help along the way...

So a quick addendum....when I bought this beauty 3 years ago....the guy said, “she overheats once in a awhile...lol....every time I ran it for more than 2 miles it pegged the temp gauge...needless to say she leaked oil....anyway....here’s the oil cooler! Lol. No oil was getting cooled here! So, that will be my first replacement along with some much needed gasket covers and we’ll go from there...Click to view attachment
flyer86d
Yeah!

Charlie
tvdinnerbythepool
Rock and roll man! My cooler looked like that one too.
I just pulled my motor and replaced all the seals along with a bunch of other stuff while I was in there. Cooler is actually allowed to cool now!
Have fun and keep posting pics!
Tjmrfe
QUOTE(tvdinnerbythepool @ Sep 2 2019, 04:18 PM) *

Rock and roll man! My cooler looked like that one too.
I just pulled my motor and replaced all the seals along with a bunch of other stuff while I was in there. Cooler is actually allowed to cool now!
Have fun and keep posting pics!

Thanks...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.