Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alternator Gasket 022903203
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bobboinski
I am looking for the gasket that goes between the alternator and the alternator tin/snorkel on a 1974 2.0. Got the part number from the local Porsche dealer but NLA.
It is a VW number 022903203. Searched but no luck. Hopefully I just did a crummy search. Any help greatly appreciated. beerchug.gif
IronHillRestorations
I just got some thick gasket material and cut my own. I also glue a piece of the gasket paper to the rear metal cover plate where the positive terminal connects, just for little extra insulation
jcd914
I would check if 914rubber.com has them.

Jim
bbrock
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Sep 5 2019, 09:57 PM) *

I just got some thick gasket material and cut my own. I also glue a piece of the gasket paper to the rear metal cover plate where the positive terminal connects, just for little extra insulation

+1 I did the same. Somebody on the Samba posted a template you could print but I couldn't get it to scale right so just used the cover plate and a compass to mark the gasket material.
sixnotfour
from samba
template for alternator gasket 021903637 / 021 903 637

Print out at 300dpi and you're good to go.
bbrock
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 6 2019, 02:50 AM) *

from samba
template for alternator gasket 021903637 / 021 903 637

Print out at 300dpi and you're good to go.

That's the one I tried but never could get it to print right on a Windows machine. Spent more time fiddle farting with it than it took to just use the cover as a template. Maybe it works better on a Mac? confused24.gif
bobboinski
Thanks for the replies! I think I will try to make the gasket. Don't want to wait for shipping from Australia but at least someone makes it. Didn't show up in my searches. Thanks again for all the help, this is a great place. beerchug.gif
Spoke
Here's a simple gasket template I made with Powerpoint. The Powerpoint file is below. It has 2 concentric circles with 3 through bolt holes placed 120 degree apart from each other. I printed this then with a razor knife outlined the shape on a piece of gasket material and cut it out with scissors.
porschetub
Use some JB weld black silicone ,IMO its not a place for a paper gasket the original I always find not seating properly anyway.
bobboinski
QUOTE(porschetub @ Sep 7 2019, 01:26 AM) *

Use some JB weld black silicone ,IMO its not a place for a paper gasket the original I always find not seating properly anyway.

I was considering silicone.....
bobboinski
QUOTE(Spoke @ Sep 6 2019, 07:45 PM) *

Here's a simple gasket template I made with Powerpoint. The Powerpoint file is below. It has 2 concentric circles with 3 through bolt holes placed 120 degree apart from each other. I printed this then with a razor knife outlined the shape on a piece of gasket material and cut it out with scissors.

Thanks for the link. I'm going to be working on the engine tomorrow, hopefully I get to this point in reassembly. There appears to be quite a difference in the Malcolm engineering gasket and the templates.
porschetub
QUOTE(bobboinski @ Sep 8 2019, 03:10 AM) *

QUOTE(porschetub @ Sep 7 2019, 01:26 AM) *

I was considering silicone.....

The stuff I used handles the heat also,cheers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.