Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 Quickie Questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tvdinnerbythepool
Hey guys,

Just wanna check i'm on the right page with the below....

1. Instrument cluster lights are HELLA 3898? Where do you guys get these? Local parts places don't carry

2. On URO Washer pumps (928.628.074.01) "B" is to the bottle and "D" is delivery to the nozzles?

Thanks!

Car now has a functioning cigarette lighter aka Usb charger, and 2 functioning rear license plate lights. Lot's done and lot's to do!
FlacaProductions
LEDs: http://carmagic.us/instrument-914.html

And from Pelican:
8. My German pump had fluid "in" and "out" connectors, marked with a B and a D. The B connector goes to the washer bottle and the D connector goes to the pump. (If my memory is correct). An easy way to tell, is one connector has a little nub on the end and one is smooth. The smooth one goes to the bottle, and the nubbed one goes to the nozzles. Since the smooth side is the suction side, it doesn't need the little nub to hold the hose on. The nub keeps the hose on because the output is under a small amount of pressure.
drem914
QUOTE(tvdinnerbythepool @ Sep 6 2019, 08:17 PM) *

Hey guys,

1. Instrument cluster lights are HELLA 3898? Where do you guys get these? Local parts places don't carry

2. On URO Washer pumps (928.628.074.01) "B" is to the bottle and "D" is delivery to the nozzles?

Thanks!

Car now has a functioning cigarette lighter aka Usb charger, and 2 functioning rear license plate lights. Lot's done and lot's to do!

If you are changing cluster lights make sure you upgrade them to LED so you get a brighter illumination. Several members here have different options.
@spoke and 914Rubber.com come to mind and there are others.
SirAndy
If you are using a /4 washer bottle you need to drill a hole into the cap to vent it when using an electric pump.

http://www.914world.com/specs/tech_el_washer.php

smile.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(drem914 @ Sep 7 2019, 03:46 PM) *

Hey guys,

Thanks!

If you are changing cluster lights make sure you upgrade them to LED so you get a brighter illumination. Several members here have different options.

The LED's are a huge improvement,worth doing,if you are brave enough to do a gauge ''open up" the LED strips are the way to go...hard work but you can clean up the instruments @ the same time,good luck.
Spoke
QUOTE(drem914 @ Sep 6 2019, 11:46 PM) *

Hey guys,

Thanks!

I think it's Timmy_ND or something like that doing the gauge lights.
tvdinnerbythepool
Always happy to send my money to 914rubber, bulbs are on order...and got some other little things too.

Saw the thread on the conversion, wilco on the hole in the cap.

Pictures and Flacaproductions confirm which hose to plug in where.

Thanks guys! -Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.