Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dallas area get together - July 15th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
spare time toys
They have checkerd plastic table cloths at Taco Cabana in N Dallas lol2.gif I dont care where we go I just dont eat fish barf.gif
racejoe
Hmmm, for what it is worth, I am flying out of DFW on Saturday, so if you did Friday, I just might be able to join y'all.
pokey1168
if you get some times and places nailed down, I'll see if the panhandle boy can't make it driving.gif givemebeer.gif
spare time toys
Looks like Joes on the 16th. Most of the votes are for the 16th and Joes has the most overall. They do have something other than seafood dont they? Ill go where ever no problem. What time?
ClayPerrine
They have other things like steak on the menu.

tat2dphreak
QUOTE (pokey1168 @ Jul 5 2005, 09:58 PM)
if you get some times and places nailed down, I'll see if the panhandle boy can't make it driving.gif givemebeer.gif

kick ass...
there's a poll down the page... I think we're looking at 15th or 16th! hope you can make it!

also, are you going to try and make the MUSR?
4Teen6
If our "get-together" is in the evening, I hope it's the 15th....I've got plans for the 16th that I can't change. I would also vote for a Sat lunch or even coffee & dognuts on Sat. morning. In the event a coffee & dognut is an option, I'd volunteer my garage as a fun place and reasonably centrally located (Northaven Rd. & Preston Rd.).

Jack

'70 "6"
spare time toys
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 6 2005, 08:08 AM)

Mmmmm cow drooley.gif drooley.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Jul 6 2005, 09:04 AM)

they have chicken too, and good shrimp...

ClayPerrine
QUOTE (4Teen6 @ Jul 6 2005, 07:48 AM)
I'd volunteer my garage as a fun place and reasonably centrally located (Northaven Rd. & Preston Rd.).

Jack,

I appreciate the garage offer, but Northhaven and Preston is not really centrally located for those of us on the Fort Worth side of the Metroplex. biggrin.gif

ClayPerrine
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 6 2005, 08:11 AM)
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Jul 6 2005, 09:04 AM)

they have chicken too, and good shrimp...

MMMMMM.... Lubners (shrimp)......... drooley.gif

"Goodbye Old Norge!"
jr91472
so what time Sat? I have a commitment in McKinney till 6pm. So depending on the time, I might be a little late....

hmmm shrimp....chicken...cow......SHICKOW!!!!!! drooley.gif
tat2dphreak
ok, so, the real question is friday or saturday... it sounds like saturday doesn't work for some people... I know we can't please everyone, but it doesn't seem like everyone is even voting... there's only like 10 votes...

if you are coming from out of town, vote on the day that works for you... I'm definately flexible, I know others here are...

I say around 7:30 or 8pm, it will take about 45 minutes for us on the north eastern side of the metroplex...
dakotaewing
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 6 2005, 09:34 AM)
there's only like 10 votes...

If you want more votes, I can vote muiltiple times if it would make you feel better.... biggrin.gif

TE
DougC
You guys, I'm flex. on all counts.. Dakota will you be bringing that V8? I've kinda been wanting to check it out.

Doug C
dakotaewing
QUOTE (DougC @ Jul 6 2005, 10:20 AM)
.. Dakota will you be bringing that V8? I've kinda been wanting to check it out.

Doug C

The only way it would make it is on a trailer....

TE
tat2dphreak
ok, I can leave the poll up for a while longer, but right now, the 16th is leading, and Joe's crab shack is leading...

I'll leave it another day or so, and I'll also use this poll as a head count, if we get enough maybe they can square off a section for us...
jr91472
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 6 2005, 07:33 AM)
ok, I can leave the poll up for a while longer, but right now, the 16th is leading, and Joe's crab shack is leading...

I'll leave it another day or so, and I'll also use this poll as a head count, if we get enough maybe they can square off a section for us...

thanks for leading the charge on this one Wayne!! wink.gif
pokey1168
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 6 2005, 08:33 AM)

...also, are you going to try and make the MUSR?

I'll have to check my on call dates at the hospital and do some planning,(not to mention get the 911 ready for the trip) beer3.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (jr91472 @ Jul 6 2005, 10:46 AM)

thanks for leading the charge on this one Wayne!! wink.gif

no sweat! I want everyone there and enjoying themselves...

btw, this is just an excuse for a icon_bump.gif
ClayPerrine
We would love to have you there. It's a blast.

As for the Dallas area get together, we will be there no matter where it is.
spare time toys
If we do this as a dinner time get together I could get some one to watch the kids and bring Barb idea.gif She could get to know some of the other wifes and have fun and maybe support me and my toys happy11.gif and enjoy something I like to do for once mueba.gif and there would be only sunny days and the yard would never need to be mowed and the bills would pay themselves w00t.gif Nah aint gonna happen Ill just be happy if she acts like she is having a good time sad.gif
tat2dphreak
bring the wife AND kids if you want! Joe's isn't an 'adult' establishment or anything! smile.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Jul 6 2005, 03:49 PM)
bring the wife AND kids if you want! Joe's isn't an 'adult' establishment or anything! smile.gif

What ??? You have seen my kids screwy.gif on sumer break time away from them is a wonderfulllllll thing. Them Yack.gif Yack.gif boldblue.gif headbang.gif chair.gif US wacko.gif wacko.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
tat2dphreak
thought this needed a icon_bump.gif
spare time toys
ME thinks its time to set the date place and time. biggrin.gif Go for it my good man. mueba.gif
tat2dphreak
ok, here it is...

correct me if I'm wrong on this but it seems that a few more people can come on Friday, the 15th, that could not make it on the 16th...

there are people that voted for the 16th, that really would be just fine with the 15th as well... including myself

so, unless there's some hanging Chads or some shit, Joe's Crab Shack, Friday the 15th of July, in Grapevine(I'll get the address)
at 7:45/8ish...

cool?!
ClayPerrine
That sounds great to me.....

We will definitely be there (Betty and I will be the ones in a 914!!!!) biggrin.gif

I am going to pin this thread and unpin the other one.

spare time toys
I will line up Grandmas' kid watching service and be there. We will be in the 914 that has a strange resemblance to a big white suburban smile.gif
ClayPerrine
I went ahead and merged the two threads. This is all the info on the Dinner.

See everyone there!!!
jr91472
see ya there!!! boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
tat2dphreak
ok, the address to Joe's in Grapevine is:

201 W State Highway 114

to get there from Dallas:
take 635 to 121-S (exit 36A), this is the last 635 exit, btw.
stay to the right, IIRC - correct me if I'm wrong.
121 will merge with 114 and head towards Ft. worth ohmy.gif wink.gif

Take the exit toward TX-103-SPUR / MAIN ST.

it's on the access road.

reservations are set for 7:45... can't wait to see you all there!

beerchug.gif
spare time toys
Whos name is it in? So first one there can get the best seat. beer.gif We gotta remember to get some photos to post this time.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Jul 9 2005, 11:49 AM)
Whos name is it in? So first one there can get the best seat. beer.gif We gotta remember to get some photos to post this time.

under 914club... they also have my name/cell too...

if anyone needs my cell, send me a pm, I'll be happy to give it to anyone...

jr91472
Hey admins!!!

Can I suggested editing the title of this thread to include the date and location?

It took us a week to settle on it, don't want anyone confused on the logistics wink.gif

oh and Clay,

Saw Wes today and he gave me the thumbs up on my tranny rebuild.

driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
tat2dphreak
good idea! Clay (or other admin that sees this) would you mind?
spare time toys
Got the kids all farmed out for the night so we can stay out past 8:30 biggrin.gif If I can stay up that late sad.gif
MBowman325
I always seem to have pretty lousy timing, but hey?

Just joined today, and this thread jumped out at me. Think there might be room for one more person on that reservation for tomorrow? I've had my 914 for about a year now, and it's been awaiting it's turn in the garage to come back to life. I'm up in Wichita, but a quick trip to Dallas is nothing, besides, I finally got to sit in a complete 914 only last week, and would jump at the chance to see and hear some run.

Mike
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (MBowman325 @ Jul 14 2005, 12:02 PM)
I always seem to have pretty lousy timing, but hey?

Just joined today, and this thread jumped out at me. Think there might be room for one more person on that reservation for tomorrow? I've had my 914 for about a year now, and it's been awaiting it's turn in the garage to come back to life. I'm up in Wichita, but a quick trip to Dallas is nothing, besides, I finally got to sit in a complete 914 only last week, and would jump at the chance to see and hear some run.

Mike

always room for more! I told the manager at Joes to expect 25-30 and he said no problem!

welcome to the club! beer.gif

post pics of your teener, we'd love to see where you're at on it.
jr91472
damn....rain. Never should have washed my car headbang.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (jr91472 @ Jul 15 2005, 05:55 PM)
damn....rain. Never should have washed my car headbang.gif

you still going?

I just talked to Thom, he's not deterred... neither are we, but we don't want to be the only ones there
jr91472
oh I'll be there, just trying to figure out which car to drive. Flash flood warnings and 914s don't go together.

see ya there
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.